PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Honkers

Kurt Densmore
09-05-2010, 11:17 PM
1. Rich Anderson praying too the goose gods, maybe he is just admiring that Parker on his lap...
2. It must have worked...
3. 1 frame and 2 frame D grade Hammer 12 gauges.
4. My son needed a little help holding up the trophy bird.
5. More of the tools of the trade.

We go lucky and shot 7 birds out of one flock with 4 shots. They must have been flying a bit tight.

We had several flocks of takers after the 10 bird limit was met but had to send then on for another day.

Rich shot a large Gander that made a horrific noise when it crashed through the trees and hit the ground. The first pass it made I hit it as it was going away and it decided to come back for more. At that point, Rich stopped it cold.

E Robert Fabian
09-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Great photos, looks like fun was had by all. Got the banded bird bonus. I'll bet there isn't very many banded geese being harvested with a Hammer gun these days.
Have to find me one of those graded hammer guns soon.
Bob

John Truitt
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Great photo. Looks like an excellent time was had by all. Thanks for sharing that one with us.

John

Rich Anderson
09-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I haven't hunted Waterfowl in a very long time. Kurt and I went a couple of times last year but never had an opportunity to shoot. I'm definatly a "fair" weather Goose hunter as I'm not about to rise in the predawn darkness to shoot geese.

The Parker performed just as well as it did 100+ years ago. Maybe I'll have to give her a try on Ducks...after all I have the stamps:) Those Canada's were first blood for the Grade 3 Hammer gun since it's adoption a little over a year ago, they won't be the last.

Kurt Densmore
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
The Chessy at the end of a 100 yard retrieve this AM. Some of the birds are quite a mouthfull. I weighed one at 11.8 lbs and two at 10.8 lbs on the bathroom scale. The big one was the one that Rich shot yesterday.

The old double barked a few more times this AM and when the smoke cleared another 10 were on the ground. Although, my buddy was using an auto Browning 10 for his share.

Kurt

Mike Wilkerson
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Great photos Kurt! The smile on the young man's face says it all. I don't think kids get that look when playing video games.

Mike