PDA

View Full Version : its begun

charlie cleveland
09-04-2010, 10:03 PM
the new hunting season was welcomed by several hunters this morning in north east miss...i was out on the field at 6 oclock.. should have waited to 7.00 birds flew slow for a while things picked up at 7.30 killed 6 birds by 10.00 i used the 20 ga. g grade parker with 26 inch cly bore barrels with7/8 ounce loads...very good gun and load on them doves...shot a 16 ga lc smith that eveningwith 28 inch barrels full and full choke... first 15 shots i didnt bring a feather.boy was i shooting bad...finally started connecting and killed 6 with it but took me 2 boxes to do it...i said them no 6 shot i used in the lc smith was the reason i missed so much....excuses x exscuses....best thing was a good and safe time was had by young and old....we had a young man 7 years old hunting and a young man of 82 hunting plus a couple young ladys hunting one 10 years old using her trusty daisey pump bb gun and another of 12 years old that was a better shot than even me.....she didnt have to be to good to beat me.....will be back out on the field labor day....see you fellas in the field...... charlie

Russ Jackson
09-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the hunting report Charlie ,Hey that little twenty is nice and light for carrying in and out of the field !:)

charlie cleveland
09-05-2010, 02:24 PM
heh russ that little 20 ga will do its job andis a pleasure to shoot..birds out to 35 yards will be on the grill....several people looked at the gun said it surewas a nice gun... one fella said was the lightest gun he ever shoulderd....will be using it in the morning...thanks again for the gun........... charlie

Russ Jackson
09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
You are sure welcome Charlie ,Selling a gun to you was one of the most enjoyable gun transactions I ever had ,its nice to sell something to some one who is really pleased with it ! Thank You !!! Russ