PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Dove

Harry Collins
09-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Shooting Papa's Trojan 20 gauge the first two days of September. Had a nice double the first day and could have had another Thursday, but they were loafing along and I shot over both of them. I had to laugh out loud. Still no improvement in my shooting. I've gotten into the second box of shells and am shooting two for one or about 30 shots for 15 dove. I think my father haunts the dove fields and comes over and puts his hands on the barrels to help me shoot. I just haven't gotten a limit with a box of shells in a while.

Harry

Robin Lewis
09-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Harry,

Very nice! I wish we could hunt doves here but New Hampshire seems to think they are "song birds" so they are never in season. It sure sounds like a lot of fun.

Don't forget to put in for a "Doubles Club" award.

Harry Collins
09-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I didn't have any "work" Friday or Saturday. Had a wonderful hunt Sunday at a long time friends farm that I've hunted for over 50 years. I shot my Uncle Bill's 20 gauge VH with 26" barrels. Hard to miss a bird with that little gun. I did drop some birds into corn stuble that I could not walk straight to and had a tough time finding them. I was trying to pick my shots to drop them on open ground. Made some tough shots and missed the easy ones....

Harry Collins
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Dove from the field, breasted and wraped with bacon, backed acorn squash from the garden along with tomatos and cottage cheese with basil.....

calvin humburg
09-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Man Harry i'm heading for Kentudky my mouth is droolin. I loves squash with a lot of real butter on it. Tomatos with cottage cheese on top with a good coat of pepper ummmm. good day ch