PDA

View Full Version : 6th Annual New England Fun Shoot

Dave Suponski
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I have just confirmed our date with Addieville East Farm in RI for our 6th Annual New England Fun Shoot. It will take place Saturday May 14th 2011 with a rain date of Sunday May 15th 2011. I know this is a long way off but I thought it would be good to let anyone that might want to attend know ASAP.

More info to follow as we draw closer......:clap:

Larry Frey
09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Dave,
Would that be May 2011?

Just because we kicked those Fox guys butts you don't have to be quiet so anxious to do it again.:rotf:

Boy I hope Toolman reads this.

Dave Suponski
09-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks Larry..I'll edit my post..:rolleyes:

Gregory Miller
09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds great.

Glad to see that the date is before the Ruger Championship this year. We shot the championship course last year, which was long and very tough. If possible I would much like to see a course this year that was more akin to what we see in the field. Which is what you expect from Addieville.

Not that one of the toughest courses I saw that year slowed down our own Mr. Frey much. His score would have been respectable against the race guns in the Ruger.

Hope to come up for air sometime soon. Sorry to have been a stranger the past few months.

Larry Frey
09-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Greg,
We hoped to see you and Jan at the Vintagers. I can only guess that little thing called work got in the way. Your memory must be fading some these days, as I recall it one of our boys from New Hampshire posted high overall score last May. Maybe we can shoot at Wally World one weekend this fall.

Dave Suponski
04-06-2011, 09:26 PM
With a liitle more than a month away I thought I would bring this back to the top. I confirmed our date with Jack at Addieville today. He told me he will be resetting the course for SxS guns before we arrive. Should be fun to stick it to those Fox guy's again...:rolleyes:

Chuck Bishop
04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll be heading up your way Dave to check out how you run your shoot. Hopefully I can get some pointers. Any interesting things for the wife to do in the area?

Hope to talk to you at the Southern!

Dave Suponski
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Chuck, It's a pretty rural setting. Hey wait a minute! You could always give the Misses the checkbook and let her go shopping at Robin Hollow Outfitters it's on the grounds! We will definitely hook up at the Southern.

Robin Lewis
04-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Chuck,

In past years there have always been wives there and over the years they have taken to shooting too. And they do very well I may add.

Bring her along for the fun, even if she doesn't shot she can enjoy the friendly shenanigans that takes place. We chat before we squad up and after we shoot (she can tag along even if she isn't shooting) we eat a pot luck dish picnic. People bring food to grill or snacks or .... whatever. In the past there has always been more food than we could eat.

Rich Anderson
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Three shoots in April two in June and nothing in May.....hummm:whistle:

Gregory Miller
04-07-2011, 01:06 PM
RE Ladies at the shoot, are the Fox guys going to join us this year.:rotf:

Dave Suponski
04-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Greg, Yes they are...They want their money back....:whistle: Also I have had some interest that the Lefever guy's want in on the action!

Gregory Miller
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Beautiful country and a group of gentlemen and ladies with Parkers, Foxes and LeFevers. Maybe bring the puppies along as well if the weather is ok. A nice lunch on the grill followed by some five stand. There are worse things in life. We are very blessed. :)

Frank Cronin
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm going to be there. If this is anything like how the Major Waldron's shoot was the first of Jan 2011, I know for sure this will be a really great time. Camaraderie, nice Parkers, great people and good laughs, unseasonally warm weather, and real yummy Macaroni and cheese.

Dave, I know this is a sporting clays course that is going to be set up for SxS. What other fun and games are we going to participate in? Five stand I read mentioned. Anything else? Entry fees, costs per round?

Just want to make sure I bring plenty of shells to shoot and funds I expect to be paying. I will also ask a shooting buddy that I shoot skeet and clays with to see if he will come and shoot his Parkers too. He is not a PGCA member though. Can he still come?

Nice to hear that some Lefever guys plan on going. I will also bring one my Lefevers if they need a body to fill a spot if need be.

Also, if you need help with set up or anything on that morning, give me a shout via PM. I will be glad to help out in any way I can.

Frank

Dave Suponski
04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Frank, 100 targets sporting and maybe 50 or so for 5 stand. I usually bring about 300 rounds for Danny and myself. Your buddy is more than welcome and he will have membership material with him when he leaves....:rolleyes: Bring something to throw on the grill or give me a call and we will work it out.As far as costs go we usually let folks squad themselves and at the end of shooting you bring your target counter to the office and divide the cost by number in your squad. In years past it has cost me no more than $70.00 to shoot all day!

The T shirts were ordered yesterday...:)

Frank Cronin
04-09-2011, 09:55 AM
The T shirts were ordered yesterday...:)

Sweet! I am a XXL size by the way....:whistle:

We'll be in touch!

scott kittredge
04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Sweet! I am a XXL size by the way....:whistle:

We'll be in touch!

ya, XXL just like your 10 ga. :eek: :bigbye:, see you there, scott

Dean Romig
04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Can't wait!

It's nice to see some new interest in this great day. We always have a lot of fun at Addieville. I hope it doesn't rain... the rain date is Sunday and Kathy is goint to Baltimore on Sunday.

Pete Lester
04-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Looking at the AH Fox forum this AM it appears the Fox guys took such a beating last year they can't find a full squad (or even 2 shooters LOL) to compete this year. After last years shoot all the Fox guys were in Robin Hollow, they probably sold their Fox's and bought a Parker since that event making it harder for them to field a squad. :rotf:

Dean Romig
04-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Some of us could probably borrow a Fox (or buy one pretty cheaply now) and we could shoot against each other... let's see, I'll pretend to be 'Toolman'... no, wait a minute, he shoots his Parker better than his Foxes...hmmm, what to do, what to do...

Pete Lester
05-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Sounds great.

Glad to see that the date is before the Ruger Championship this year. We shot the championship course last year, which was long and very tough. If possible I would much like to see a course this year that was more akin to what we see in the field. Which is what you expect from Addieville.

Not that one of the toughest courses I saw that year slowed down our own Mr. Frey much. His score would have been respectable against the race guns in the Ruger.

Hope to come up for air sometime soon. Sorry to have been a stranger the past few months.

I shot in the Vintagers Maine Championship today, started strong, finished strong but got weak in the middle and finished 5th.

One of the Vintagers reported he shot at Addieville yesterday 5/6 and the targets ARE set for the Ruger Cup or perhaps they have been set for us? :) He's a good shooter who finished 2nd today. He said there were a few close targets at Addieville yesterday but most very long. He said on his first round he was using a 20ga choked skeet and IC and it was "a waste of ammunition". Might want to bring some choke with you.

Dave Suponski
05-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I talked to Jack a couple of weeks ago and he advised me he was going to set the course for SxS's for us.

Dean Romig
05-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Double check on that, will ya Dave?

scott kittredge
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Double check on that, will ya Dave?

please :crying:

Dave Suponski
05-08-2011, 08:25 AM
No problem guy's. I have to talk with him this week on a couple other things so I will double check. You guy's want all 15 yard shots ...right?.....:rolleyes:

Pete Lester
05-08-2011, 08:29 AM
No problem guy's. I have to talk with him this week on a couple other things so I will double check. You guy's want all 15 yard shots ...right?.....:rolleyes:

20 to 25 yards if fine, just have them suspended by strings from a limb and have them hanging so the top is facing, and a gun vice on each station so we can hold it steady for the shot.

Dave Suponski
05-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Will do Pete....:biglaugh:

scott kittredge
05-08-2011, 09:42 AM
just thinking of you dave :rotf: scott

Chuck Bishop
05-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Just checked the weather forcast. 30% chance of showers. Guess I just bring the rain where ever I show up:banghead: I'll bring the rain gear just in case. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dave Suponski
05-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Chuck, We are looking forward to you and your better half making the trip to New England. But it won't be as warm as N.C. See ya next week...

Scott, I owe ya about 5 jab's...I think I will just save them up.....

scott kittredge
05-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Chuck, We are looking forward to you and your better half making the trip to New England. But it won't be as warm as N.C. See ya next week...

i have seen the way you shoot, now i wonder if you can even jab:whistle:

Frank Cronin
05-08-2011, 03:46 PM
What time will people be showing up and the games begin? I am looking forward to see the T-shirts Dave made up....:cool:

Dave Suponski
05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Frank, Shooting starts at 9 am or there abouts. Except for Scott. He will be busy looking for his shell bag......:whistle:

charlie cleveland
05-08-2011, 05:06 PM
is that what it was that motercycle guy had around his neck....scotts shell bag.... charlie

Pete Lester
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Prolly have to take 20 "shots" for that too :rotf:

scott kittredge
05-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Prolly have to take 20 "shots" for that too :rotf:

on a good day :shock: :rotf: scott

Robin Lewis
05-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Address for the GPS and directions for those that need it.
http://www.addieville.com/direction.htm

Dave Suponski
05-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok Guys.... last update. Partly Cloudy and 60 degrees so far. Chance of showers later in the evening. We will be done by then.Also I talked with Jack at Addieville this AM and the course has been set for SxS field guns. There will be 2 grills available for cooking. And there are 6 golf carts that are available for rental/use if need be. Should be a great time. We have 30 confirmed shooters and I have no idea how many walk-ons.

Also due to the fact that the Fox boy's could not field a 5 man team. The Parker/Fox match is scheduled to take place at Hausmanns Hidden Hollow in PA. come next month. I think this will make one hell-of-a-match as the Fox guys will have their A team and so will we!......:bowdown:

I have had a limited number of Addieville/ Team Parker t-shirts made up in X/L and 2 X/L They will be sold to shooters at my cost which is $12.00

See you guy's Saturday!

Pete Lester
05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Ok Guys.... last update. Partly Cloudy and 60 degrees so far. Chance of showers later in the evening. We will be done by then.Also I talked with Jack at Addieville this AM and the course has been set for SxS field guns. There will be 2 grills available for cooking. And there are 6 golf carts that are available for rental/use if need be. Should be a great time. We have 30 confirmed shooters and I have no idea how many walk-ons.

Also due to the fact that the Fox boy's could not field a 5 man team. The Parker/Fox match is scheduled to take place at Hausmanns Hidden Hollow in PA. come next month. I think this will make one hell-of-a-match as the Fox guys will have their A team and so will we!......:bowdown:

I have had a limited number of Addieville/ Team Parker t-shirts made up in X/L and 2 X/L They will be sold to shooters at my cost which is $12.00

See you guy's Saturday!

Set aside an X/L for me this year and if you want to trade for a Major Waldrons hat let me know I will pick one up. Thanks Dave.

Dave Suponski
05-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Pete, Thanks for the offer but I got more hat's than I know what to do with now. One shirt has your name on it buddy.

Pete Lester
05-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Dave, I think you should craft up a short terms of surrender document for the Fox guys to sign and post it over on their forum. Something along the lines of:

"In recognition of the overall superiority of the Parker Gun and the extraordinary talents of those naturally drawn to them; and in order to spare "Team Fox" further injury and embarrassment, "Team Fox" hereby surrenders and acknowledges further struggle and competition would be pointless and agree to unconditional surrender to the forces of the PGCA".

Dave Suponski
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Pete,I like how you think but those Fox guy's are not about to give up that easily. Hidden Hollow is a "Fox Rich" enviorment and they are just waiting for that to try and give us a spanking. Notice I said "Try" Anyway it should be great fun!

Also for those who are going to use the grills at Addieville remember you must provide whatever you need.

scott kittredge
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
see you guys in the morning :bigbye: scott

Dean Romig
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM
The Barrage commences at 9:00 A.M. sharp... don't be late.

charlie cleveland
05-13-2011, 10:59 PM
pour it on them boys for me.... charlie

Pete Lester
05-14-2011, 04:28 AM
It will be fun but will not be the same without Toolman leading a Fox team. See you soon.

Dave Suponski
05-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Just back from Addieville. Cloudy and 60 degrees..perfect day to do a little shooting. We had 30 shooters including Chuck Bishop all the way from PA. Great people,great guns and great food. Here are a few pictures...because we love pictures!

1) Larry Frey grinding them up

2)Danny driving Larry's Grizzly...with Robin Lewis hangin on for dear life

3)Chuck Bishop killin clays

Dave Suponski
05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
A few more...

1) Dean...With that determined look of his..Don't know if he broke that bird..

2)Chuck....I think he's wondering were the hell is that target coming from

3) Our squad..Kathy Romig,Chuck Bishop.Me,Larry,Robin,Dean and Jamie

Pete Lester
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Frank Cronin shaking the shooting platform with his 12 1/2 pound 5 frame 10ga hammer gun.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj57/nhshotgunner/100_0943.jpg

Dean Romig
05-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks Dave! Great fun today with everyone. It would have been nice to have shot with everyone but thirty-man squads are a bit unmanageable.
We had a bunch of laughs and were pleasantly surprised at a certain shooter's noticeable improvement in bustin' more birds (nice work Dave). It will be a long wait 'til next year's New England Fun Shoot.

Thank You Dave for the effort and hard work in getting this thing off the ground again this year.

Yeah Pete... Frank's enormous 5-Frame 10 Ga. Smoke-Pole could be heard and felt literally anywhere on the course! What a hoot!

Frank Cronin
05-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I echo what Dean said. Hats off to you Dave pulling off an awesome event. Today I had a really great time. Thirty shooters today and I bet there will be more next year. As for the big 10 with 4 1/4 drams of BP, the semi-auto and over under guys shooting ahead of us got a good show today and got a kick and a few laughs seeing that ol' Parker in action. Hey, it's good advertising for the PGCA right?

As for the New Hampshire guys in my squad, get your hearing checked soon and sorry for all the smoke!

Dave Suponski
05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Dean, When you get to spend a day with good friends, shoot some great Parkers and laugh every minute it's all worth while. The upside is Hidden Hollow in a few weeks! Thanks to everyone that showed up. I don't think anyone went home wanting....Also I posted up a new album for anyone to view if you're so inclined.

Dean Romig
05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
A few more pictures...

1.Larry exits station 3 triumphant.

2. Dave at station 3. These targets were "Easy"

3. larry CRUSHES 'EM at station 13.

4. Some of you may remember Frank and his Technicolor Smokepole at the New Year's Day Shoot at Major Waldron's.
He may be coerced to hire out for exhibition shooting.

5. Uh-oh.... :shock:

Chuck Bishop
05-15-2011, 07:40 AM
My thanks to Dave Suponski and the New England guys for putting on this shoot. I made some new friends, shot at some nice targets, ate good food, and got to shoot a AAHE 16ga and a 16ga Parker Hammergun. What a good time and the weather couldn't have been better. I'll see some of you guys at Hauseman's in a couple of weeks.

All the best:bigbye:

charlie cleveland
05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
good pictures.. sounds like you fellas had a great shoot and a good time...by yalls posting and telling us what went on i feel like most of us have been to the shoot too...thanks.... charlie

Dave Suponski
05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
In closing I would just like to thank everyone that brought food and condiments for our picnic and a big thank you to Larry for bringing the Polaris to haul my old a$$ around.....:bowdown:

Great time guy's....Thanks!

Dean Romig
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
First order of business for next year is for Larry to install a governor on the Polaris :whistle:

I was lucky enough to bring home the leftover strawberry-rhubarb pie that Frank's mother made especially for this event. It tasted exactly like the pie my Mom used to make back in my youth. Thank her especially for me Frank - it was a real treat.

Pete Lester
05-16-2011, 10:05 AM
First order of business for next year is for Larry to install a governor on the Polaris :whistle:

I thought that is why he gave Dave a ride, to slow it down:rotf:

scott kittredge
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
hi, yes, thanks every one, i did have a good time, but i shot like sh#$* :crying: maybe i'll do better in PA :rotf:. boy, standing next to that 10 ga of Frank's and the BP loads was the best !:bowdown: and he shot it well! thanks ,Frank. scott

Dave Suponski
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Ya Scott... a little birdy told me you had a bad day on the course.....:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
05-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I thought that is why he gave Dave a ride, to slow it down:rotf:

Here's evidence that Dave got the ride of his life...

Good thing brother Jamie fetched Dave's hat (reminds me of Dave's lost gold grip cap from his BH two years ago)

Hatless dave.

Isn't that the sweet face of innocence??