PDA

View Full Version : Pre-1874

Robert Tremewan
08-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, I have had this gun in my possession for about 10 years, prior to that my dad for 20. He got it from his great Uncle. Yesterday I decided to get it out and have it inspected to see if it was still shootable. I got a surprise.

This Parker Bros. Makers gun is a pre-1874. Serial #1336. It has other markings that I am unsure about. Including a 11 on the barrel next to the PB logo. I was told that PBM did in fact make a 11 gauge for a very short time in the very early days, but I have no facts to back this up.

I am also unsure of the markings next to the serial. F9R, again nothing to verify this. Enjoy the pics, and if you see anything that contradicts what I have been told please let me know.

Also, I know this does not mean a whole lot, but the patent date is Nov. 13 1866.

Thanks!

Dave Suponski
08-31-2010, 11:27 AM
From the picture's Robert your gun look's to be in very nice condition. Could you take some better photo,s of the lock's,stock and barrels?.....:)

Robert Tremewan
08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
From the picture's Robert your gun look's to be in very nice condition. Could you take some better photo,s of the lock's,stock and barrels?.....:)

Sure can, but you'll find that the gun has a few issues. The stock appears to have been repaired at one time due to a large crack. Not sure when this happened, but it was well before my dad or I had it in our possession. Also, the barrels have a small about of rust, I am sure due to being stored for quite some time. I will try to take some better photos and post them as soon as I can. Below is the best picture I can get of the barrel markings, covered by the fore end.

Robert Tremewan
08-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Here is a few more...

George Lander
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Hello Robert: You have a very early underlifter Parker which is most likely a 12 bore chambered for brass shell. I have SN 1248 in it's original oak case with a number of Remington brass cases. Your's could be a eleven bore, but that would. Yours just missed the SNs in "THE BOOK". Order a letter from PGCA and if the information is available it will tell a lot more.

Best Regards, George