PDA

View Full Version : REPRO BARRELS

Bobby Cash
08-24-2010, 11:45 PM
How easy might it be to fit an extra set of Repro barrels to an existing gun? Barrels to receiver, forend to new barrels.
I occassionally see barrels come up for sale and wonder how feasible it would be to make a 2 barrel set.

Thanks as always,
:bowdown:

Dean Romig
08-25-2010, 05:58 AM
This question is often asked. It has been my experience that the barrels from one Repro to another (in my case a couple of 28 ga. Repros) will fit very well. This is not to say they all will - certainly they must be the same frame size and preferably the same gauge - but in my case the barrels are fully interchangeable back and forth as well as the splinter forend and the beavertail not caring which barrel set or which frame they are mated to.

Kenny Graft
08-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Like Dean....the 28ga. guns are very exact and barrels will mostly swap, forends are about 50/50. All my other gauges have not been able to swap....close but lever will not lock properly and forends do not fit. This would be fairly easy fitting job for qualified SXS smith with that type of now how.

Dave Fuller
08-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I used to have two two-barrel sets, on beaver and one splinter, one barrel 3" chambers, three 2-3/4," various chokes, one DT one ST, everything was interchangeable, completely universal. Here's the bad part... I sold them! *&#^$%_#.

Jeff O'Neill
08-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I dropped into Simmons in Olathe, KS recently. They are making new barrel sets for Parkers and Repros. Right now, they are doing 28 ga barrels for the "O" frame guns. I think all the orders to date have been for 28 ga barrels fitted to 20 ga guns. Price is $2800, including fitting to the gun.

If demand builds for barrels on other frame sizes they will produce. If I understood them properly they would need five orders to cover the cost of developing barrels for a new frame size.

Bobby Cash
09-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks to all for the responses.
I found and purchased a set of 28", 28 gauge Full/Mod barrels. They fit like a glove with no adjustment necessary.
Not wanting to incur the wrath of the Parker Gods, yet always one whom enjoys flirting with disaster, I've decided since this is a totally aftermarket venture I'm going to open the chokes on my mis-serialized bastard barrels. I'm thinking Improved Skeet (.007) Lt. Mod (.013). If my math is correct, I believe I'm close to WS1/WS2. I'm predominately a Skeet shooter so they're a little tight but thought of the versatility for Quail over dogs.

How far off the mark am I in the numbers department?
Thanks as always,:bowdown:
Bobby

Dean Romig
09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Do whatever works for you Bobby. I shoot a 26" Imp/Mod 28 ga. repro for skeet, grouse and woodcock and don't feel at all handicapped with those chokes.

Dave Suponski
09-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Nope Dean...They sure don't.....:rolleyes:

Gerry Addison
07-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I have several repro's right now and none of them interchange. I guess I'm just not the lucky guy or I'm not living right.

Bobby Cash
07-10-2011, 11:56 PM
But a Gentleman through and through, no?

Gerry Addison
07-11-2011, 07:25 AM
You'll have to ask my wife about that.