PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas Present Ever

Gary Laudermilch
12-14-2017, 03:55 PM
One of my best friend's son has some physical challenges. However, he shoots clays with us every week and through this contact with him I learned that he likes art. His dad said that he is quite good. Every week after shooting we sit a bit to shoot the bull and he is constantly with one of my setters in his lap. So, a while back I asked if he would like to do head studies of my dogs and he jumped at the chance. Well, he presented me with the final product and while I am not a very emotional guy this just welled me up. Hope you enjoy.

Eric Eis
12-14-2017, 03:58 PM
Gary, those are great. He is very good

Reggie Bishop
12-14-2017, 04:16 PM
Is that charcoal? Or? Very nice indeed!

Gary Laudermilch
12-14-2017, 04:36 PM
They were done in pencil, professionally scanned, printed, and topped off with a quality framing job.

Rick Losey
12-14-2017, 04:52 PM
incredible

Jim DiSpagno
12-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Just fantastic work Gary. That young fellow has real talent and I sincerely pray it serves him and his family well. God Bless him and you for the unselfish time you spend with him.

Dave Tatman
12-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Those are truly beautiful art, Gary, but what precious memories you have created for both that young man and yourself. I echo Jim's comments that may God bless you for the unselfish way in which you share your time and your dogs with him.

Dave

Dean Romig
12-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Well, he presented me with the final product and while I am not a very emotional guy this just welled me up.

Gary, I've seen some pretty big guys get pretty "welled up" when presented with hand done portraits of their favorite dogs.

Jay Gardner
12-15-2017, 12:16 AM
That's a gift. Wonderful.

Todd Poer
12-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Priceless is all I can say because monetary currency would only cheapen the honor of your experience and those drawings. What an incredible story and sharing of a wonderful private and personal moment. Thank you for telling of your heart warming and emotional gift that we can all feel good about knowing. I envy you.

Btw in my opinion those great sketches are just a reminder of the real gift of the remembrance of your dogs and the time you get to spend with a special person that has tremendous value and that is sometimes just overlooked, but not by you. Time is our most precious commodity, you just got an unforgettable return on your conscious and unconscious investment of that opportunity.

As evil, superficial and petty this world can be, its little stories like these that taken as a sum gives us all a little hope, faith and respect for our fellow man. I as well have a couple of friends that have children that are special but just so happen to be autistic and I know first hand the challenges they all faced watching those kids grow up. Without knowing anything about your friend and his son and their experiences, I can only imagine that whatever feelings your experiencing they are walking the same path with you and maybe then some.

Merry Christmas.

Rich Anderson
12-15-2017, 05:53 PM
That is awesome. I wish I had something like that for Ilsa, Gunner and Daisy. At one time I contacted Cole Johnson about a portrait but it was way above my pay grade.

Dean Romig
12-15-2017, 05:55 PM
But Cole would certainly do your dogs justice!

Rich Anderson
12-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Yes he would and I might still do it esp as Daisy is loosing ground. It's been a hard few days here for me.

James J. Roberts
12-15-2017, 09:11 PM
I see good anatomy in the young man drawings of the setters hope he's encouraged go to art school,believe he has future as an sporting artist. J.J.