PDA

View Full Version : Parker Pages, Winter 2017 Issue

Dean Romig
12-09-2017, 02:55 PM
I received my case of complimentary issues today and I must say - It is an issue I am proud of.

Many thanks to all of our contributors!!

Mills Morrison
12-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Can't wait to see it.

Dean Romig
12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
You'll like it Mills... quite a lot.

Kirk Potter
12-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Got mine yesterday, love the cover photo.

Mills Morrison
12-11-2017, 04:06 PM
You'll like it Mills... quite a lot.

Wow! Julia just got it and told me. Very honored! Thank you, Dean.

Dean Romig
12-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Thank YOU Mills - for all you do for the PGCA.

Robert Brooks
12-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Got mine in Georgia yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it!Thanks Bobby

Rick Losey
12-12-2017, 02:10 PM
great cover picture -

thanks to both Mills and Dean

Dave Tatman
12-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Agreed. Great cover photo, Mills! Great issue, Dean! Read it cover to cover last night during the football game!

Dave

Dean Romig
12-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Read it cover to cover last night during the football game! Dave

Sorry, 'Distracted reading' isn't allowed :rotf:

Dave Tatman
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Point noted. However..... Let me assure you, Dean, and all my other esteemed colleagues in the great New England area: As a diehard Steelers fan, "watching" the Patriots is nothing more than background noise. Especially when they are getting schooled..... Just sayin'....

Probably eat these words next week, but, hey, you know how it is, right?

Dave

edgarspencer
12-13-2017, 06:32 AM
I'd like the rest of the recipe that appeared, oddly, at the end of the reprint of Ron Kirby's article.

And, Speaking of that article, It seems to me that I have gone to look up at the very least, the last three guns, and they are neither in the serialization book, or are records available for a letter. It's very frustrating. I believe there are members who know at least two individuals in possession of, also, at least two books. I think it is shameful that they are not willing to turn them over to the PGCA, at the very least, to be copied.

Garth Gustafson
12-13-2017, 07:37 AM
Just a thought but if the people in possession of the missing order books can be identified perhaps the BOD would be willing to intice them to donate/share the records in return for Distinguished Service Awards and honorary life memberships (not to mention the undying gratitude of the PGCA).

edgarspencer
12-13-2017, 07:43 AM
I think it's already been tried, Garth. One of those in possession has pretty much said we will 'never' get our hands on his. I think there's more to the story, but it sure sounds like it's a spite thing. The two I am aware of are far from being unknown to the PGCA community.

Dean Romig
12-13-2017, 08:08 AM
The BOD works continuously to obtain the "missing" books.

"Too many cooks spoil the broth" as they say, so the BOD should be allowed to continue their dedicated work on this. I'm sure if the BOD wants help or suggestions they will ask - but I don't anticipate that happening. Not only is the current BOD working on this (and several other topics) some former BOD members and past officers are involved as well.

But thanks to all who have shown an interest - it is very much appreciated.

Garth Gustafson
12-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Thanks Dean, I really enjoyed the current issue and thought the story on the missing order books was very interesting. Cheers!

Mike Franzen
12-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Another great issue Dean. Thanks for all your hard work on behalf of the membership

Rick Losey
12-25-2017, 07:57 PM
agreed, a great issue

I finally got to read it - the day it came - i showed my wife the ad for Austin Hogan's book

and the issue of Parker Pages disappeared :rotf:

today, under the tree was a limited edition copy of the book and later on- the magazine magically surfaced :rolleyes:

so- issue read, Christmas dinner- Mallard breasts with Grand Marnier and orange sauce, and wild rice on the side has been thoroughly enjoyed

so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Dean Romig
12-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Merry Christmas Rick.

The way it oughtta be.

Rick Riddell
12-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Dean Thank you very much!! I received my copy today, I am so elated to be a part of this organization. Absolutely fantastic!!

Dean Romig
12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Hey Rick - Thank YOU!!

It sure looks like Parkers are a family affair!

I sure like that pointer on the wall!

Thanks very much.

Dean

Mills Morrison
12-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Awesome, Rick!

legh higgins
12-29-2017, 09:21 PM
:cuss:still waiting in Va. for mail forwarding....im sure its great but I want mine too!

Dean Romig
12-29-2017, 09:35 PM
You'll be visiting the editorial offices in a couple of weeks Legh - I'll hold a copy for you just in case you still haven't received yours.