PDA

View Full Version : Goose calls

calvin humburg
08-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Kurt: I was looking at your pictures those are some FINE looking calls wish I could blow em. What is your favorit wood for a short reed. ch again nice stuff! OH those are some fine Parkers also

Kurt Densmore
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Either osage orange (hedge, bois d'arc), american walnut or cocobolo. I like some of the other woods for a finished product but some are just really difficult to turn. Below are a few calls I recently made. The ones with names are ones that were custom ordered. The first pic with "Gary" is a resonating goose call (old style 'honker' call). Second pic is a two call set of Walnut for a friend. The third pic is a few short reed goose and a crow call. The fourth pic are a couple of deer grunts. The fifth pic are single reed mallard calls with several different kinds of wood. It was a little too sunny the day I took the pics so some of them didn't turn out very well.

I can do a lot with the length and guts of the short reed goose calls to get then to blow differently....

calvin humburg
08-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks 4 the pictures Kurt u r a hand. bet they sound real goosy might have 2 c about owning 1 someday. I really like 2 have a hardwood call. ch