PDA

View Full Version : Help, Due to Injury!

bobpeters
07-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey guy's,
I am sure that someone will have an answer.
Just after Christmas I joined this Parker group. I will be the first to admit I have much to learn!!!
So here is my latest problem.
Last week I went to a local sporting clay's course, two rounds of 50.The 1st lap I shot 46/50 with my old stand-by a Rem1100 30" full. This is a gun that I have hunted with since the 70's.
The second lap I took my Parker 20ga 30"full/full and shot 31/50. It hits hard, I was adjusting the way I held the gun to the point that I think that I was holding the butt against my bicept to compensate for short LOP. The next day I was bruised from my shoulder to elbow. I am 6'6" and I know that this gun is short compared to my 1100.
Is there someone that can make a slip on pad that will change the LOP without changing the value of the gun due to a butt plate addition.
All Ideas welcome!!
Thanks,
Bob Peters

Destry L. Hoffard
07-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Have a Silvers recoil pad installed on the gun, it won't change the originality of it at all. Just save the original buttplate, then if you ever want to go back to original configuration just take the Silvers off and put it back on. Parker started putting Silvers pads on their guns in the late 1800's and you can still buy the exact same pad today.

Destry

George Lander
07-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Destry is correct and you can get genuine SILVER'S pads in various dimensions & thicknesses to give you the LOP that you need. I get mine from John Farugia at the Cheshire Gun Room in England.

Best Regards, George