PDA

View Full Version : More good work from Brad Bachelder

Peter Clark
08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Gents,
Attached are some pics of my 12 and 28 ga Parker Reproductions freshly back from Brad's shop. I am very pleased and would recommend this route to anyone who loves repros, isn't hung up on NIB configuration, can't quite afford a high condition graded original and wants to shoot the daylights out of a pretty Parker.
These are both 2 barrel sets, the 12ga being a bit unusual having 26" Q1&Q2 and 28" IC&M, both with 3" chambers. Very versatile gun. Brad did my 20ga earlier and I posted pics at that time.
Enjoy,

-plc-

Bob Jurewicz
08-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Peter,
The guns look great!!!
Could you detail the work done by Brad.
Bob Jurewicz

Peter Clark
08-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Bob,
I may miss some things, but I know he takes everything apart and does bone and charcoal case colors on all parts case colored on original guns, strips the stocks and re-cuts the checkering mullering the borders, refinishes the wood with stain and finish more true to the originals and nitre blues the trigger guard, buttplate and safety switch.
If a D grade, like these, he polishes the stock oval to silver as they were on originals instead of gold or brass colored. he may replate the triggers too. Everything is properly fitted back together and test fired for function. I love the way they look. I never did like the colors or stock finish when new.

Peter

Jay Gardner
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Outstanding, Peter. I'll try to get some outside shots of my 28 repro. Brad is doing outstanding work and he does it at a reasonable price and with a quick turnaround.

Cheers,

JDG

Joe Bernfeld
08-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Peter, if you don't mind me asking, what did Brad charge for the re-case color work, and also for the stock refinish work? I may want to do this to a couple of Repros I own.
Thanks! Joe Bernfeld

Ray Masciarella
08-14-2010, 04:05 PM
A very handsome pair of guns. If I were to fly speck them, it appears that the screws aren't indexed on frame sides. I think I recall seeing many repos with screws like this tho.

Peter Clark
08-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, only the front frame screws are off a little. I think it is a function of the case hadening process. I can live with it and I suppose it could be corrected. All other screws are properly indexed. My 20 ga came out the same. Screws were correct pre-hardening.
Peter

Peter Clark
08-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Joe,
I sent you a PM.
Peter

Don Dabro
08-15-2010, 05:28 PM
PETER - OUTSTANDING WORK AND GUNS! Makes me drool, I'm surely sold on BRAD'S work.
Can't wait to do my "D" GRADE.
THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW!!!
GRATEFULLY YOURS,
DON DABRO

Don Dabro
08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Don Dabro;22678]
PETER - OUTSTANDING WORK AND GUNS! Makes me drool, I'm surely sold on BRAD'S work.
Can't wait to do my "D" GRADE.
THANKS FOR A GOOD SHOW!!!
GRATEFULLY YOURS,
DON DABRO