PDA

View Full Version : My Gus dog

Matt Valinsky
09-06-2017, 12:58 AM
Here is my Gus. He is 15 weeks old in the picture and he just turned 6 months old. He is doing great, gun conditioned and has a lot of prey drive. Next step is put him on a long check cord on planted birds. So far he looks like he will make a dog.

Bill Davis
09-06-2017, 06:10 AM
Handsome pup!

Dean Romig
09-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Nice looking pup for sure. He won't be hard to see in the thick cover.

Matt Valinsky
04-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Thought I would do an update on Gus. He is now just turned two years old in Feb. and he is doing pretty good. He is just about a broke dog (when puppy mode doesn't kick in). Right now we are working to steady him up on "steady to a wild flush" he is getting it but not 100 percent yet. He was the easiest dog to get to retrieve, almost a natural and he loves to water retrieve. I think he is going to make one heck of a dog, might even be better than my Maggie and that will be going some. DANG, I JUST LOVE BIRD DOGS.

Ed Norman
04-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Matt,
Thanks for posting these great pictures, this is one of my favorite spots here in the forum. I just love looking at everyone's dogs.

Matt Valinsky
04-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Your welcome Ed. There is nothing like bringing a young dog along, on the other hand, nothing like watching a seasoned dog plying their bird finding skills and making you smile every time out.