PDA

View Full Version : Butt Plate for a Parker Trojan

Brad Dean
07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi guys,

Where can I buy a butt plate for a Parker Trojan online?

Thanks,

Francis Morin
07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I have an original black BP with the screws from a 1924 era 12 Trojan I once owned- it was a tad short in LOP so I had a pad installed- being the basic farm boy at heart, I kept the BP- so if you have a 12 (No. 2 frame std.) perhaps I can help you out- I see repro plates on e-bay and gun busters websites- but not that many originals-or, Galazan's in CT. might have one- ditto Numerich in NJ--:bigbye:

Dean Romig
07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
An original is the one to buy.

D. Shane Burton
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
As I was perusing ebay, I saw several different ones yesterday. Most were "Buy It Now" for $17 and one was just up for auction. I was kind of surprised they had some on there. I think the auction one was described as original; the others, I'm not sure of.

Shane

Greg Baehman
10-18-2010, 10:59 AM
As others have stated, an original one would be the best, however; they are hard to find. There are reproductions available online, but most are made from plastic--the originals were made from hard rubber. Galazan offers hard rubber Trojan reproduction butt plates and they're on sale! They offer two sizes, here's a link to the larger size intended for 12-ga. Trojans.

http://www.csmcspecials.com/Parker_Trojan_Butt_Plate_p/pb310.htm

calvin humburg
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
they were made of gutta-prutcha(dave knows how 2 spell it) i think 1 is supposed 2 eat spackel wile installing the plate.

John Dallas
10-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Calvin - I believe that would be SCRAPPLE. I'm having some for breakfast today. YUM!

Francis Morin
10-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Gutta-percha is a rubber/latex based compund used to mold the buttplates, later some gun companies went to a form of Bakelite- a resin phenolic that will mold well- besides some of our gun companies, the early years for R.L. Winston rod company when in San Francisco and operated by Doug Merrick featured Bakelite (almost always black) for the reel seats for their fine split canr rods. Heddon in Dowagiac, MI may also have does this, but in a color aggregate that sometimes resembled the pattern in the marbles we played with as boys--

As for spackle, scrapple ( a cholesterol IED for the heart and arteries indeed)
and the poi that comes from Hawaii- thanks, but I'd rather have brats steamed in sauerkraut and hot German potato salad for my "Gut Bomb"-- and washed down with a cold stein of Warsteiner- truly "The Queen of Beers", but, to each his own.:corn::corn::rolleyes: