PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bruce

Bill Bolyard
07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Bruce,

How is that Elhew/Rottwhiller/pointer (Short stop) of yours getting along with the puppy? How about some picture's?

Bill

Bruce Day
07-02-2009, 06:59 PM
The setter has been picking on Shortstop unmercifully. Biting his ears, neck, etc. and he does little about it. But I had the stomach bug the other night and was not feeling well, so he laid down in the doorway and would not let her in the bedroom, probably because he knew she would just pester me, so I suppose he is still territorial.

Bill Bolyard
07-02-2009, 07:16 PM
The setter has been picking on Shortstop unmercifully. Biting his ears, neck, etc. and he does little about it. But I had the stomach bug the other night and was not feeling well, so he laid down in the doorway and would not let her in the bedroom, probably because he knew she would just pester me, so I suppose he is still territorial.

Elhew Guard Dog?

Fred Preston
07-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Bill, Elhews aren't all bad but they do have their pride. A young one, Pete, came home with me a couple weeks ago. My old Ringo has been yard boss for the past 10 years or so, ever since my Redbone, Buster, was killed in the road. Ringo figured he had to put the newcomer in his place in the pecking order. Pete was so quick that old cripped up Ring would fall over himself trying to get to him. The other day I came around the corner of the barn and there was old Ringo flat on his back with Pete standing over him having the final word. An old light heavy got slapped silly by a young welter weight. They now barely tollerate each other, but they do work together. Sad the way that happens, but sometimes us old guys just have to learn to live with it.

Fred

Bruce Day
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Triple

Bill Bolyard
07-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Bruce your a lucky man!!! She is adorable. I need to talk to you please call.

Bill

C Roger Giles
07-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Fred the first lesson for Pete should be how to swipe someones glove. He sure looks good and has the proper stance, important in mushroom hunting. I like the name "Pete" and do feel for Ole' Ringo.

Have new dog fun; Roger

Fred Preston
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Rog, Pete is about a year and a half. He came from a hard core trialer who felt he worked too close; just what I was looking for. He will go out to about 150-200 yards mostly and he finds and holds birds. He needs finishing; but, with work and maturity, I think he will be ok. Retrieving isn't yet his game, but I think with a little fun work (I'll start with a glove) I don't think he'll require force breaking for my needs.

Fred