PDA

View Full Version : I'm new. Just a note to say Hi.

Dan Franks
07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I have been on here for a few hours now and have taken your advice about looking up your info on my Hammer Gun.
Here is what I have so far.
sn-58081, Frame size 1, weight 4 7, type of steel 030, Grade 0, 3rd check hook lug, top lever, 32in plain twist barrels, and caped pistol grip stock.
I will try to put some pictures on here if I can figure it out.

I would love any info you have and if it is worth rebuilding. Is it a shooter?
or should I just try to sell it?

It looks like a shooter to me. I dont know how much pitting in barrels causes problems. Looks like quite a bit in there. Other than that just age wear.
Thank you

Dan

Harry Collins
07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Dan,

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the "book" with me so I can't be of any help on your Parker. Search "pictures" on this site and you will find several tutorials. You may indeed have a shooter. You need a knowledgable gun smith to check it out. Most gunsmiths and gun dealers would call your Parker a wall hanger because of the liability and the generalization of Damascus and Twist being dangerous. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Harry

Dan Franks
07-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Thank you Harry for the note. I have pics in a digital camera but dont know much about posting them. Any help there?"

Dan

Dan Franks
07-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Ohh shoot.......... I just saw your suggestion about pictures. Will do when I can get back on line again. got to go for now.

Dan