PDA

View Full Version : Album loaded

Bob Roberts
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
John,

I have successfully added an album - five of the shots were big and I was kicked out while trying to load three big ones at one time - sent error message - then went back a added each big one, one at a time, no problem.

However, now I do not see how to get a shot in the album into this post???

Also it it hard to see the end of the URL string - need more space - see screen capture below - So how do you reference an album image in a post?

I am going to have to go back and experiment with how I built the story again - I think to do that you need to open a post and immediately browse and add a bunch of shots - then they are visible in the post and you can work with them - ???

Some of the album are showing up in the random picture display on the welcome page - does the system just grab recent album additions randomly?

John Dunkle
11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey Bob!

It parses the entire upload - and then will create the thumbnails - then will download the original... If your combined total exceeds 20MB (which - I have to be honest - IS HUGE!) - it will use a persistent connection to re-download from your computer in background (as long as you stay logged in during that time!! ;) )

As for the Album pics on the opening page.. I've programmed to set that up as "Random" - so it grabs the "next" on each view. I could parse as latest, or "next" - but that seems silly - as it introduces server load and accomplishes nothing.. So - I leave them as "random"...

Make sense???

Best to you - and my thanks again for all your input and testing!! (and yep - I read your comments about the PGCA Memberships... It's a long reply I need to post - BUT - I already have the code in place to do the automatic part.. But - well...?? ;) )

Best to you!

John