PDA

View Full Version : Parker-Smith event at Southern- Parker Pages

Francis Morin
07-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Assuming some of the fotos on this fine article were taken on a Friday, here we go-- Page 20- the JD scene
I tried to find the broken orange clay target(s) from Mr. Shank-- "Note the broken bird in the air" Like calling in co-ordinates, I drew a vertical dead plumb straight line through the background Lady in the foto 12 o'clcok above her head and of course, 6 o'clcok at her lower extremities - going to the aprox 1:30 position from that plumb line, I see two small orange discs just before the bark of the pine trees, and below the greenery- but even with a 10X magnifier, I can't find any broken pieces-- Mr. Shank's shotgun (hard to see the muzzles) seems to be pointing straight ahead and dead below the two orange discs-

Three other things- I assume the Lady is wearing glasses (eye protection a must, even for spectators) Her slacks or shorts (can't tell for sure due to foto cropping) seem to be the same color and fabric as those worn by Mr. Shank--?? and I can't see any forward bracing or support post adjacent to Mr. Shank's left (forward) leg- under the top ledge of the shooting stand- Nice well tucked in position Mr. Shank, fine shooting bag too-

-:cool::cool:

Dave Suponski
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Francis,It's spelled Shank......Mr. J. D. Shank

Posted by Western Union Telegraph

Dean Romig
07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
How did you like all of the other pictures Francis? I thought they were pretty nice but I didn't look really close at them ... like with a loupe or anything.