PDA

View Full Version : Red Neck or just an average Gun Guy ??

Jack Cronkhite
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I have been busy on the clean up of 108603, part of which has been working with gun blue. That happens near the kitchen sink so I can hit the part with a cold water rinse when it is time to stop the chemical reaction. Sometimes, I don't completely clean up after myself, which apparently happened yesterday. This morning, Kay was thinking it was time for breakfast and I have been playing chef of late, so I grabbed all the fixin's and got right into it. At one point, my mind finally focused on one out of place object, which I had just unconsciously worked around.

It struck me as funny. Here it is. (No product placement commissions from Birchwood Casey)

Cheers,
Jack

http://parkerguns.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=130&pictureid=1491

David Borrowman
07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm with Jack. For some reason the Kitchen is the best place to gunsmith. Running water, good light, large working surfaces, food and drink always close at hand.

David

Dave Suponski
07-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Why? Is there something out of place here? Picture look's perfectly normal to me...In my house there is usually some kinda gun stuff layin around...

John Dallas
07-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Seems normal to me. After all, isn't a bit of Hoppe's #9 dabbed behind your wife's ear sort of one of them afrodeesiaks?

Dave Suponski
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
:biglaugh:

Mike McKinney
07-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Seems I always like the kitchen as well, so far I've messed up a nice dining room table with fly cement, several nice pots and pans, changed the color of the sink, and more I can't remember. It never is a very happy time for Vanessa and she really just doesn't understand, I'm not sure either is ever going to change.

Dave Fuller
07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
There is a can of Varathane 900 on my kitchen counter right now. Its right next to my rod wrapping jig. I won't move either one to make coffee this morning. However, the Tupperware full of Hoppe's is out in the shop next to the coffee cup full of hard epoxy which is next the blender full of cat hair I was making dubbing with. It's hard separate the shop from the kitchen sometimes.

Jack Cronkhite
07-03-2010, 10:56 AM
I am so pleased to be able to present Kay with a degree of proof that I'm "normal" after all. Good to have a support group.

Cheers,
Jack

Bob Brown
07-03-2010, 04:22 PM
My wife may have hit the end of her rope the other day. She came into the kitchen and I was using her blood pressure monitor to evenly squeeze the cracked wrist of a Parker stock I was glueing. Good thing she didn't measure her BP right then. After 27 years I thought she was immune to things like that, but not so much I guess. Was I wrong?

Lee St.Clair
07-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh my goodness Mr. Brown...that is too funny!! Thanks....I got a good laugh out of that 1. Is something I will picture each time I take a bloodpressure now. lol. And....did it work?
Mr. Cronkhite? Normal is boring....and believe you me....none of you guys are 'normal' or boring. smiles

Bob Brown
07-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Please call me Bob., Mr. Alexander. It worked fine. After it depressured the stock stayed together while I wrapped some rubber tubing around it. I think the BP unit needs a little work though. I wonder if my wife will notice a valve in the rubber hose so I can stop it from bleeding off. On second thought, I'll buy her a new one before I mess with it.

Lee St.Clair
07-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok 'Bob'. :) And is Ms Alexander....but please call me Lee. There is already a little valve to slowly let off pressure on manual sphygmomanometers(bp cuffs....am trying to keep up with Mr. Moran:)) You can pick one up at walmart for under 10 bucks. And am smiling here cause I was able to inform one of you guys of something.....:shock:. Blessings, Lee

Bob Brown
07-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Sorry about that. I get used to guys being the vast majority on this site.Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out next time I'm near a Walmart. Can't wait to see the salesclerk's face when I ask for a sphygmomanometer valve. I'll tell the wife it's an upgrade.