PDA

View Full Version : My Parker

Mike Wilkerson
06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
This is almost my first post. First a big thanks to John for his help with my account. Also thanks to Austin and everyone else that makes the Parker Pages and this web site possible.
I just finished reading Lee's post and thought deja vu! I have a DH ser# 123130 that I've had almost 20yrs. It is as 'normal' as a DH can be. 30" Dam steel barrels on a #2 frame unstruck wt weight 4-5. Barrels are dark but no pitting and ring like bells. Num's on frame, foreend and barrels all match. I haven't checked under the trigger guard. I'm not sure if the butt is original. It has a ssbp and grip cap that are in good shape. The bad is that behind both fences a piece of wood has broke off and was very poorly repaired. I want to get this repaired but would rather not ship the gun. The horrer stories about
shipping are just horrible. I think Kirk does mostly metal type work. Does anyone know who Chaddick's uses for repairs? I mailed a request to Mark for a letter last week.
Mike

George Lander
06-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Mike: Why don't you just call Herschel at (972) 563-7577 or e-mail him at chadicksltd@scglobal.net. He's a nice guy who I'm sure would be glad to help you find a stock fixer.

Best Regards, George

Mike Wilkerson
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks George. I was glad to see more guns show up on the Chaddicks website.

Mike

Mike Wilkerson
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Got the letter from Mark regards my DH. The letter itself is frameable and thanks Mark for being so fast. New info is that the chokes are full and full. The gun was ordered by Janney, Semple, Hill & Co. in Minneapolis,Mn. Shipped to A. C. Osborn in Virginia, Mn on October 8th, 1906. Found lots of info on Janney Semple Hill & Co but nothing on A. C. Osborn. I did find a death records for several Osborns and one for a C. A. Osborn from 1916 but nothing on A. C. Osborn. Quite a trip from Mn. to East Texas. Mike

Bob Dombeck
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I think you'd better send the gun to me here in MN as it might be getting homesick:)

Greg Franklin
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I think you'd better send the gun to me here in MN as it might be getting homesick:)

Arizona is a much better place; not as likely to rust! :rotf: