PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's choice-another Rutledge book added to the library

Bill Holcombe
10-21-2016, 11:00 AM
I have been looking for a copy of American Hunter by Archibald Rutledge, but haven't stumbled upon one yet that my pocketbook and condition of said book agree on price. However, I did find a copy of Hunter's Choice that is a 1st edition and has some lovely art in it by Paul Branson. A few of the stories appear to already be in some of my Casada books but not all. Its a really pretty book.

I am going to have to consider reviewing some of these old hunting books for parker pages.

Although most of the readers are probably familiar with them.

Dean Romig
10-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I think it would be a nice touch to bring back the Parker Pages book reviews that a few of us were writing several years ago.

Daniel G Rainey
10-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Book review in Parker Pages sounds like a winner. Several months ago someone on the Parker site recommended 75 years with a Shotgun by C. T. Buckman ( he shot a parker ) I found one on line purchased it and enjoyed.

Robbie Payne
10-30-2016, 09:36 PM
A regular Books column in The Parker Pages would be fantastic! What would it take to make it happen Dean?

Dean Romig
10-31-2016, 06:21 AM
Participation Robbie.
I have trouble just getting enough material to fill each successive issue. As I had expressed previously, I would like to restart a book review page or two in every issue. It's not really up to me... If I receive them, I will print them.

Robbie Payne
10-31-2016, 08:47 AM
Participation Robbie.
I have trouble just getting enough material to fill each successive issue. As I had expressed previously, I would like to restart a book review page or two in every issue. It's not really up to me... If I receive them, I will print them.

I'm certain many other contributors would produce a better result but I'll work on something to help fuel the idea.

Thanks, Dean!

Dean Romig
10-31-2016, 08:52 AM
Looking forward to it Robbie - Thanks!

Bill Holcombe
11-08-2016, 09:47 AM
When is the next submission deadline Dean? Hunter's choice won't be read by then I don't think, but I could definitely write up a review of Carolina Christmas which I am about to finish up...

Dean Romig
11-08-2016, 09:54 AM
The next deadline for submissions to the Spring 2017 Issue of Parker Pages will be January 15.

We have a book review for the Spring Issue but don't let that deter anyone. I can keep submissions in a "Library" folder that I can refer to for future issues of Parker Pages.

Thanks Very Much
Dean