PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself

Scott Stevens Smith
06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Hello,

I live in SE Wisconsin and have always had an appreciation for fine guns although my interests seem to wander. In other words I don't specialize in my collecting. I am also an avid hunter of both birds and big game. In the last few years I have been on a hunt for a classic American made shotgun and the choice of a Parker seemed obvious. I recently decided to purchase a PH with twist barrels that was for sale on Gun Broker. From the serial number it appears to have been manufactured in 1890. It has been restored by a previous owner and whoever did the work did an impecable job. I will post some pictures when I have a chance. I had the gun checked out by Dennis Potter, a gunsmith in my area specializing in classic doubles, and he believes the gun is sound and safe to shoot with low pressure loads. I will post the details of his measurements of the gun in another post. I look forward to getting to know all of you and to learn from your experiences with these wonderful shotguns.

Best Regards,

Scott

Harry Collins
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Scott,

Welcome aboard! PH's are wonderful Parkers. You 've made a great choice and I'm sure you will enjoy it. If you are a reloader we have many sugestions on low pressure loads and if not you will find www.rstshells.com to be the best low pressure or otherwise shell to run down those Twist barrels. I met Dennis when I gave him a VH for Sherman Bell to play with. He is a wonderful individual as well as a cracker jack gunsmith.

Kindest, Harry

Dave Suponski
06-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Scott, Welcome.....Hang around there is a lot to learn here..:)

calvin humburg
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
looking forward 2 seeing pictures ch

Dean Romig
06-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Welcome Scott!! You've made a fine choice of a shotgun. Looking foreward to those pictures too.

Scott Stevens Smith
06-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I posted some pictures in the general discussion forum. The name of the thread is "Parker PH 62448 #2 frame"

Regards,

Scott

Francis Morin
06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
I own and shoot two older PH Parker Twist barreled shotguns-One of the best "sleepers' out there-- you are also Top Drawer in my lexicon, as you quoted the opening line from my favorite of all the Stones' songs-- please allow me to introduce myself-- I'm a man of wealth and taste-- Mick J. 1967 "Sympathy For The Devil- wonder if Da Mickster, like Eric "Slow Hand" Clapton- is a shooter or gun collector?? He does mention The Czar and the surviving daughter (maybe?) Anastasia in that epic song indeed- and we all know about the Czar's Parker now--:bigbye::bigbye:

Eric Eis
06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Francis

What the "hell" are you talking about......:cuss: Stay on topic....!

Gary Carmichael Sr
06-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Sic! Sic! get him boy snarl, growl