PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Clays Gun???

Dave Fuller
06-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Cabelas has a 12ga repro with Briley chokes in it that they are calling a "Sporting Clays" model (hmmmm). Its priced about a grand above what a factory 12 would go for... Maybe "improvements" do pay for themselves sometimes.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/owatonna/american_sg/1383626_parksptg_owa.jsp?hierarchyId=11657

Richard Skeuse
07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The Parker Repro Sporting Clays gun did NOT have Briley tubes in them. Our guns had winchester screw in chokes. Thanks

Dave Fuller
07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Richard,

Thats why I posted the ad. Thanks for the confirmation. I love this web site because the collective wisdom of so many knowledgeable people helps us cut through the murky fog of the gun market.

PS - I love the Parker Reproductions, I have owned (and still own) a number of them including a Sporting Clays Model with the Win Chokes.

Dave

Ed Blake
07-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Mr. Skeuse - Isn't it about time to fire up the old Parker-making machine again and crank out some with 32" and 34" tubes. Just wishing.

And welcome to the Board.

Joe Bernfeld
07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
The Parker Repro Sporting Clays gun did NOT have Briley tubes in them. Our guns had winchester screw in chokes. Thanks

I'd also like to welcome Richard Skeuse. Now maybe we'll be able to get more accurate info about those wonderful Reproductions. I've owned 8 (2 of which I was crazy to sell:banghead:) and still manage to hold on to 3.
Joe