View Full Version : Engraved Browning A5

James J. Roberts
05-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Hi..I wanted to share these pictures of a Browning A5 that I engraved
a year ago.
JJ Roberts, Firearms Engraver

Jerry Harlow
05-21-2016, 03:59 PM
That is beautiful. There must be a story behind the gun, a family piece? An earlier suicide safety gun.

charlie cleveland
05-21-2016, 07:49 PM
that right side really stands out...would have loved to have seen this gun and it put together...nice work...charlie

Fred Preston
05-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Nice. Nothing like repeaters, A-5s, 11s, 12s, 870s, 37s, etc. to provide a broad canvas for the artist.

Kevin McCormack
05-22-2016, 09:06 AM
You really have to see this gun in hand in order to appreciate the exquisite job of engraving that J.J. has done on this gun. Starting life as an uninspiring Grade I A-5, he duplicated the original FN Grade 4 engraving pattern with some hints of the Grade 5 motif thrown in for good measure. The detail of the Canada goose with wings set (I always picture it pitching into a rig of field decoys!) on the top of the receiver is IMNO as good or better than any rendition that came out of the FN shop in Liege. Truly and extraordinary piece of work. At last count I think that there are at least 4 of us in line for bidding up when and if it comes up for sale.

James J. Roberts
05-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words,this A-5 Browning comes with an extra a slug barrel that why I engraved the big game scene of the boar and dogs on the right side. J.J.

Angel Cruz
05-23-2016, 03:01 PM
JJ, you must have read my mind. I was wondering what was up with the boar scene. I love the left side. Beautiful dogs.