PDA

View Full Version : Screws needed for Parker Repro 28 gauge

Carson Eddings
06-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I removed the butt plate from this gun to have it reblued.

The gunsmith did the work, but failed to return the 4 screws that hold it to
the stock. The top one is larger, and the other 3 are the same size.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I might go to find them.

Many Thanks, Carson Eddings
jce5385@comcast.net

Dean Romig
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
You will probably need to have a set made.

May I ask who lost your screws so we may be forewarned?

Joe Bernfeld
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Try Galazan, but Dean's right; you'll probably have to have them made ($). Yah, what (idiot) gunsmith did that?
Joe

Carson Eddings
07-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Dear Joe,

I got in touch with Galatan and they are shipping me the screws.

Cost was $8.00 plus $5.00 shipping. They are correct size, but without
the engraving on the heads of the screws, which I can get a local gunsmith
to replicate.

Thanks for the tip and happy shooting! http://parkerguns.org/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Carson Eddings:)

Don Kaas
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Keep us informed and let us know how much fitting it takes your gunsmith to fit these screws.

Pat Dugan
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
They gave you a deal, maybe now they will begin to sell parts we all know they have but wont sell. They also have charged me $10.00 shipping even for a bead sight.

PDD

Dean Romig
07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
The screws you have coming from Galazan's will require cutting the heads to length, indexing and cutting new slots, engraving and finally blueing. It will probably be expensive - has your "gunsmith" agreed to pay for the finished product?

Joe Bernfeld
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM
The screws you have coming from Galazan's will require cutting the heads to length, indexing and cutting new slots, engraving and finally blueing. It will probably be expensive - has your "gunsmith" agreed to pay for the finished product?

Dean, you're sure all that's required for skeleton buttplate screws that will go into wood?
Joe

Dean Romig
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Now that you mention it Joe, maybe not. I'm sure I was thinking of all the work that is required for the frame screws so maybe it isn't nearly as involved to fit, index, engrave and blue the SSBP screws.