PDA

View Full Version : California SxS

Jim Thynne
04-11-2016, 10:38 AM
I just returned from The California SxS state shoot, and the Parker gun was more than well represented. If you are a resident of California there is a web site you should look into, and you will find a passionate group of collectors that will talk your ears sore and have a great time.
Parker guns were not only represented there, a hammer lifter gun was peoples choice.
PGCA was represented in grand style, showing many grades, custom guns and factory original guns. I will let the representation of PGCA tell more. We had a great time!

Mills Morrison
04-12-2016, 01:02 PM
That is great news!

David Dwyer
04-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Dave Fjelline put on a fantastic Parker Gun display with the help of two friends and fellow collectors. The three of them provided 27 Parkers for view. Fjelline won the Hammergun HOA and one of Alton Anchors guns won the best of show.

Chuck Bishop
04-12-2016, 09:59 PM
It's great to see this kind of get together happen on the west coast. Let's hope it continues with even more shooting events and displays.

Dean Romig
04-12-2016, 11:35 PM
There's some looong snakey Parkers in that display! Nice job Dave (I know you can's read this) and Alton!!

Th CASXS has been doing this annual state shoot or a while but it has really picked up speed the last few years.

That's a nice bunch of trophies there on that table and it's always nice to see a bottle of 'lubricatin' fluid' hiding in the back there.

Jim Thynne
04-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Dave not only had a great display, he won all of the trophy's he is shown with, and there was a lot of competition for those early 19th century mugs, and early (champagne bucket) trophy's. Hats off to Dave, and the Parker gun. I won the single trap buckle with a Parker.
This is one great event, and if you are a Californian, or are from a nearby state,come shoot. There were entries from New Jersey, and Idaho as well.
All of the trophy's were hunted down by our State President Bob Mills, and were bought one at a time over a period of months on the internet. A lot of work to make it even better than before.