PDA

View Full Version : Old photos of hunting days gone by

bob valentine
06-24-2009, 07:05 PM
I got sent a bunch of old hunting photos. Thought all might enjoy, lot's of old guns, cars and clothes. Might be a Parker in there somewhere.

Dean Romig
06-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for sharing those pictures Bob. Man, there are some massive racks on some of those bucks!! Ahhh, for the good ol' days!

That Steven's Favorite in the first picture looks just (well, almost) like mine.

Dean Romig
06-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Steven's Favorite

That girl in the first picture must have been a tiny little waif of a thing.

Francis Morin
07-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I started with a similar Stevens Favorite also Dean. A gift from my GrandPa on my 7th birthday- 1947. Still have it, and I'd like to have a dollar for every squirrel, rat, raccoon and possum I head shot with it, back when a box of .22LR Western was about .65 at the Hardware Store.

Taught my two gals to shoot with it, the foto shows the young lady in a strange position for accurate shooting with an open sighted rifle. I might guess the stock was too long for her.

My gals are now grown and married, they didn't take to shooting or hunting as I have, but I will guarantee you they were raised with good gun safety manners instilled.

One of the fotos, about in the middle, entitled "Evening Hunt" shows twoprecipe or rocky ledge, perhaps a "gag" foto, but sure looks like the rearmost gent is pointing the muzzle of his weapon at his hunting partner's head-Not Good!!

Robert Rambler
07-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Bob, Those are some neat old photos, thanks for sharing!!:)

Kevin McCormack
10-13-2009, 11:04 AM
The absolute best one is the guy riding the bicycle down main street with a deer balanced on his shoulders!