PDA

View Full Version : New member

Kim Fortner
02-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Hi my name is Kim Fortner and I am new to all of this and am having trouble getting started basically because I don't know what I am doing it is all new to me. But what started me wanting to explore this is not to long ago my father passed down to me a Parker 12 gauge double barrel shot gun. That I no little about but have admired it all my life what a day that was. I had a friend of a friend who his a member look at for me he had a lot to say about my gun and he showed me what he had collected wow so exciting. I found out there was a a club or association for Parker guns. I was so excited I my self through this a cool gun but turns out I did not no how much Parker guns were admired by others. Well I think it is time to go for now I have probably been long winded enough for my first time

Mark Landskov
02-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Welcome aboard, Kim!

Dean Romig
02-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Welcome Kim. Maybe you can learn to post pictures of your wonderful 'hand-me-down' some time so that we can enjoy it too.

Mills Morrison
02-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Welcome Kim! Post some photos or tell us more about your Parker and there are lots of folks on here who can give you more info.

Kim Fortner
02-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome ! I find my surfing the site again to night trying to figure out how to become involved but not savy enough to figure out how to go about this. Can't wait to be smart enough to post some pictures of my gun and see what a treasure I have or not. May be also to add a picture to my profile and edit my profile as well o well some point in time I will catch on kinda slow at processing. But thanks again for the welcome

Chuck Bishop
02-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Kim, welcome. Why don't you start out by giving us the full serial number of the gun. Give us the number found on the trigger guard tang.

Mike McKinney
02-05-2016, 11:24 PM
And I would add, you seem to be really interested in learning more about Parker's as well as your gun. Join PGCA, great magazine, the letter for your Parker is much cheaper and you can see things on the forum that you can't see as an associate. Welcome to the forum and to the study of Parkers.

Kim Fortner
02-06-2016, 12:37 AM
The number on my is 2 72041 g March 16 1875 my Father can't remember the last it was shot how can I know that is shootable. The person I had look at it seem to think the condition was shootable and what kind of load would be right ?

George M. Purtill
02-06-2016, 06:49 AM
The number on my is 2 72041 g March 16 1875 my Father can't remember the last it was shot how can I know that is shootable. The person I had look at it seem to think the condition was shootable and what kind of load would be right ?

Hi Kim
I am guessing what you posted above contains the serial number and I am guessing it is 72041?
If you can, take off the fore-end and look at the metal on the underneath and you should see that number by itself. If so one of our members can look up the vital statistics on the gun.
If you join the PGCA, you will get a good value for your investment of $40.

Ken Burgess
02-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Welcome Kim,
I just joined in December when I ran across a Parker Trojan in a local shop and bought it.
Soon you'll find yourself checking this site frequently to see what's new. I'm anxous to attend a Parker shoot and get together.
Ken Burgess

Chuck Bishop
02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Kim, I can tell you that you have a GH (G Grade Hammerless) 12ga. with 30" Damascus barrels. Probably on a size 2 frame. Let us know where you live and we can recommend a qualified gunsmith that is familiar with vintage guns. He would be able to tell you if the gun is safe to shoot.

charlie cleveland
02-06-2016, 08:02 PM
welcome kim...you have found the best bunch of parker guys to be found...charlie

Kim Fortner
02-08-2016, 01:22 AM
Yes the number on the fore-end is the same 72401. Yes I plan on joining asap

Kim Fortner
02-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Hi Kim
I am guessing what you posted above contains the serial number and I am guessing it is 72041?
If you can, take off the fore-end and look at the metal on the underneath and you should see that number by itself. If so one of our members can look up the vital statistics on the gun.
If you join the PGCA, you will get a good value for your investment of $40.

It is the same 72041. The numbers all match on the trigger guard,under fore end, frame at least what I spose is the frame

Kim Fortner
02-08-2016, 02:06 AM
Thanks to all I plan on joining the PGAC asap.

Dean Romig
02-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Is it 72401 or is it 72041 ??

Kim Fortner
02-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Is it 72401 or is it 72041 ??

72041 that's the did I mix it? Any way it again 72041:banghead:

Kim Fortner
02-09-2016, 01:52 AM
Kim, I can tell you that you have a GH (G Grade Hammerless) 12ga. with 30" Damascus barrels. Probably on a size 2 frame. Let us know where you live and we can recommend a qualified gunsmith that is familiar with vintage guns. He would be able to tell you if the gun is safe to shoot.

I live in utah salt lake city thanks:bigbye:

Fred Lowe
02-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Hey Kim!
Glad you finally made it.
You'll find this group friendly, with an unbelievable wealth of knowledge.
You have a real nice gun. Thanks for showing it to me.
Have you shot it yet?