PDA

View Full Version : Research Assistance needed- The Gun Report

George M. Purtill
01-26-2016, 02:54 PM
I am looking for an article that is said to be written by Ron Kirby and was published in The Gun Report in 1983.
I am unfamiliar with this publication and was hoping that some of our scholars could help me.
If someone actually has a copy, I would love a scan.

Robin Lewis
01-26-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't know what was published in "The Gun Report" buy this was written by Ron, is it what you are looking for?

http://www.ogca.com/parker_gun_by_ron_kirby.htm

George M. Purtill
01-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Sorry Robin I should have been more explicit. He said it was on Try-Guns. He mentioned it in his Try-Gun article in DGJ.

Kevin McCormack
01-27-2016, 10:07 AM
George, "The Gun Report" article referred to is most likely the seminal article written by CDR Roy Gunther, "Charles Parker, The Man and His Guns" (Vol. 36 No. 1, June 1990, pp. 16 thru 27). It is a thorough detailed treatise on the origin and development of Parker Guns, including many photographs, illustrations, and a patent drawing of Miller's patent for a double shotgun for Meriden Mfg. Co. This single work more than any other put the "key in the lock" shortly thereafter in Remington Arms' granting CDR Gunther access to the Parker records. The aftermath is pretty much history.