PDA

View Full Version : 2016 PGCA Annual Meeting Announcement

Dean Romig
01-18-2016, 10:58 AM
2016 PGCA Annual Meeting

The Parker Gun Collectors Association (PGCA) is pleased to announce the 2016 Annual Meeting will be held in conjunction with The Original Baltimore Antique Gun Show. The Annual Meeting and Dinner will be held on March 19, 2016 at the Sheraton Baltimore North at 6:00 PM. Information related to the events of the weekend is provided below. We hope you will be able to join us for the Annual Meeting and associated activities full of Parker Gun discussion and comradery.

Gun Show Information:
The Original Baltimore Antique Gun Show (http://baltimoreshow.com) is scheduled for March 19-20, 2016.
Maryland State Fairgrounds Cow Palace
2200 York Road
Timonium, MD 21093
Hours: Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM / Sunday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM ($10 admission daily)
The theme of the 2016 Annual Meeting will be Parker Hammer Guns and we will have a small at the show display, so bring your Parker Hammer Guns for display and the Annual People’s Choice Contest.

Hotel Information:
The PGCA has arranged for a block of rooms at the following two hotels (room rate $109/night) for March 17-20, 2016:
• Sheraton Baltimore North
903 Dulaney Valley Road
Towson, MD 21204
Tel: 410-321-7400
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1601073715&key=229337B9
• Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North/Timonium
11 Texas Station Court
Timonium, MD 21093
Tel: 410-628-2800
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/B/BWITIHX-PGC-20160318/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Annual Meeting and Dinner Information:
The Annual Meeting Dinner and associated activities will be held at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel.
The cost of the Annual Meeting Dinner will be $75.00 per person, please make payment payable to the Parker Gun Collectors Association (PGCA) and send payment to the following address:

David Suponski
266 Clover St.
Stratford, CT 06614
Tel: 203-260-1275
Email: ctdoubles@aol.com

Annual Meeting Schedule of Events:
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Social Hour (Open Bar) with Hors d’oeuvres
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: People’s Choice Award Contest – The theme of the contest is Parker Hammer Guns so please bring your Parker Hammer Guns for display and the enjoyment of all of the attendees.
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Silent Auction
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM: Dinner (Open Bar – 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
8:30 PM – 9:30 PM: Annual Meeting including Guest Speaker,
Distinguished Service Awards,
Announcement of People’s Choice winners,
Announcement of Silent Auction winning bidders.

George M. Purtill
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
The show is just Saturday and Sunday? If I come down on Friday the 18th, will Daryl Corona take me shooting?

Bill Murphy
01-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Daryl's gun club is less than fifteen minutes from the show site. It is a really nice place, open on Friday from noon.

Daryl Corona
01-19-2016, 09:05 PM
The show is just Saturday and Sunday? If I come down on Friday the 18th, will Daryl Corona take me shooting?

I thought you'd never ask! With pleasure my friend. Allow me to extend an invite to any and all members who would be interested in a get together on Fri. for clays or even some preserve shooting. As Bill said I belong to two clubs within 30 mins. of the gun show venue. One offers skeet, trap, wobble and 5 stand and the other offers a 5 stand and 12 station clays course along with the preserve shooting.

Looks like George is in... anyone else?

Robert Rambler
01-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Daryl, I'd be in for some clay shooting !:)

Dean Romig
01-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Hey, check this out :shock:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?p=186041#post186041

Daryl Corona
01-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Great Bob, that makes three of us so far for clays.

Bill Murphy
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Wish I could do it, but Kevin and I will be tending our tables at the show.

George M. Purtill
01-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Wish I could do it, but Kevin and I will be tending our tables at the show.

Bill- this is for shooting on Friday. I didn't think the show was open on Friday?

Mike Kobos
01-20-2016, 03:55 PM
VERY IMPORTANT.

The hotels are filling up VERY quickly and the Sheraton Hotel has informed us that all the double bed rooms are totally sold out. However, they have agreed to let members of the PGCA order rooms with a king bed and they will provide a large roll-a-away bed at no charge. To reserve a room you must use the following Stargroup link:

Parkers Gun Collectors Association (OR copy and paste the following link into a web browser)
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1601073715&key=229337B9

Here is what the hotel has said. You may want to copy the statement below which was made by the hotel's sales manager in case you have any problems.

"...and since we have no more Doubles available on March 18th & 19th, please inform the members to go ahead and book a King Room using the Stargroup Link, and we’ll provide a rollaway bed if there’s no Doubles available on the day of check-in. There’s usually a $30 fee for our rollaway beds but I can waive that fee for your group only."

These rooms are $109/night. You may have to request the roll-a-away at check-in.

Book your rooms early.

Mills Morrison
01-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Just snagged my room, but it is a king.

Brian Dudley
01-23-2016, 07:37 AM
As a side note, somewhat related, would anyone more familiar with the area have some suggestions for site seeing to take the wife to. We are coming in on Thursday and were looking to take the day on Friday to see some things and maybe on Sunday as well before we leave. Museums, historic sites, activities...

I have heard that there is an area in North Baltimore that is very historic and almost like walking into a time capsule in the way they maintain the streets and buildings. Is anyone familiar with it?

Daryl Corona
01-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Brian;
I would'nt suggest too many places in Baltimore to visit except for Fort McHenry. It's an interesting tour and safe. I think the area in N. Balto. you are thinking of may be Roland Park or Mount Vernon but they are mostly residential homes. An hour or so north in PA. you could visit Gettysburg or Antietam or you could head east across the bay to visit Saint Michael's or Easton on our eastern shore. You do not want to visit the inner harbor. Let me know if I can help. If I think of anything else I let you know.

Baltimore has some nice old homes and deep history but I would'nt suggest anyone not familiar with the city to venture out on their own because if you veer off the beaten path things could get ugly.

Chuck Bishop
01-23-2016, 11:09 AM
If you haven't visited Gettysburg or Antietam it's well worth it. Gettysburg would be my first choice.

Brian Dudley
01-23-2016, 07:48 PM
I think we had Gettysburg planned for on our way home from the southern. We thought about it last year, but it didnt work out with travel schedules.

James J. Roberts
01-25-2016, 07:55 AM
I'm planning to be at the show on Saturday hope to meet some old and new friends. J.J.

Mills Morrison
01-25-2016, 04:56 PM
As a side note, somewhat related, would anyone more familiar with the area have some suggestions for site seeing to take the wife to. We are coming in on Thursday and were looking to take the day on Friday to see some things and maybe on Sunday as well before we leave. Museums, historic sites, activities...

I have heard that there is an area in North Baltimore that is very historic and almost like walking into a time capsule in the way they maintain the streets and buildings. Is anyone familiar with it?

The Inner Harbor area is cool. There is the National Aquarium and old streetscapes with historic houses. Also a Hard Rock Café and other good places to eat and shop.

James J. Roberts
01-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Don't miss the Parker table set up at the show by Kevin Mc Cormack & Bill Murphy a great display of Parker guns and memorabilia always a big treat. J.J.

Eric Estes
01-27-2016, 06:23 PM
The National Aquarium is real nice. I think the inner harbor in general is pretty decent. Lots to do see, and places to eat there. It is not times square, but has some good stuff.

Mike Kobos
02-12-2016, 10:34 AM
This year's annual meeting promises to be a great one in part because it is tied with one of the top gun shows in the country. And while the meeting is a little over a month away, the cutoff dates for our hotel special pricing is much sooner. The special pricing for the hotels expires at the Hampton Inn on February 26 and at the Sheraton it expires on March 2. The prices rise considerably above our $109 rate at both hotels. Both hotels have put cutoff dates because they know they will sell out at the higher rates. The Baltimore show has very high attendance.
So, make your reservations sooner rather than later.

Kevin McCormack
02-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Brian, if you're into waterfowling, big guns, old decoys, and a fabulous multi-room "diorama" type presentation of hand-carving, duplicating machines, and Chesapeake Bay regional gunning lore with scads of old-time photos, stop at the Havre de Grace decoy museum. It's about 35-40 mins. north of Baltimore right off I-95. The museum is right down on the water by the lighthouse; signs from I-95 down into and through town. Also lots of quaint little shops and a couple of great little places to have lunch and walk around in town (if it ever warms up around here!!). Kevin

Brian Dudley
02-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Kevin,
Thanks for the suggestion. Any ideas will be worth looking at. I am unsure if my wife will be able to acompany me for the trip now, so it may not be as much of a matter. She is in the process of looking at her work vacation schedule, trying to prepare for her maternity leave this summer. She thinks she may not be able to afford the time off for the trip. But maybe.

John J Sundelin
02-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Brian, if you're into waterfowling, big guns, old decoys, and a fabulous multi-room "diorama" type presentation of hand-carving, duplicating machines, and Chesapeake Bay regional gunning lore with scads of old-time photos, stop at the Havre de Grace decoy museum. It's about 35-40 mins. north of Baltimore right off I-95. The museum is right down on the water by the lighthouse; signs from I-95 down into and through town. Also lots of quaint little shops and a couple of great little places to have lunch and walk around in town (if it ever warms up around here!!). Kevin

Wow, I had forgotten about the decoy museum. I went there when it was fairly new in the late 80's while I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving grounds. It was nice back then so I can imagine it has only gotten better. I wish I was able to come to the meeting and see the area again. The water-fowling was awesome down there.
John

John Dallas
02-16-2016, 08:22 PM
I went thru OCS at APG in 1967. Subsequently was stationed there before being posted to Korea. Among other duties, I was the Post Honor Guard Commander. Buried a lot of kids coming home from RVN

Mike Kobos
02-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Annual Meeting Special Hotel Rates are Ending
BUT there is some good news

The special rate of $109 is ending at the Sheraton on March 2. However they just called and said they have freed up 10 more rooms for Friday March 18. These additional rooms include six king bed rooms and four doubles.

We encourage you to book these right away.

The special rate of $109 that we have for the Hampton Inn is ending in two days on February 26.

Mike Kobos
03-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Today is the last day to get the special rate of $109 st the Sheraton Hotel. They have said they will not extend the special rate beyond today. The special rate at the Hampton Inn expired last week.

Dave Suponski
03-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Gents, Banquet tickets are still available. Any payments for tickets received after Monday March 14th 2016 will have to be picked up from me at the banquet. I don't want anyone's tickets to arrive late due to the mail.

Bill Mullins
03-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Wow! The Annual Meeting is only five days away!! Remember the theme for this year's annual meeting is Hammer Guns. Accordingly, the People's Choice Awards at the banquet will be hammer guns.... lifter actions and top actions in any grade, gauge, unique features, or special engraving. All attendees please remember to bring your favorite hammer gun(s) for your fellow members to enjoy and "judge". There will be some very unique awards for the top choices.
In addition, expect some of the best Silent Auction items to ever be offered at an annual meeting.
Our guest speaker will be Philip Schreier of the National Firearms Museum who will share his thoughts and experiences on collecting guns... past, present and in the future.
Look forward to seeing you on Saturday and travel safely!

Brian Dudley
03-18-2016, 07:35 AM
For all not familiar with the area, there is a BIG shopping center with a lot of places to eat right next to the hotel.