PDA

View Full Version : Our New Hamphire Boy's

Dave Suponski
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
On our way up to New Hampshire to hunt turkey Danny and I spent a day shooting at Major Waldrens in Barrington with PGCA members of the north country.
First picture....Scott Kittridge's outstanding B Grade
Second picture...From left Bob Fabian,Scott,myself,Pete Lester and Robin
Third picture The Crew shooting wobble skeet..What a great game!...
Fourth picture...John Dunkle...Hey thats not a Parker!!
Fifth Picture....John explaining to Pete why he missed..Judging from the look on Pete's face..He ain't buyin it!

Dean Romig
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
A great bunch of guys to shoot with!!

Hey John, Buddy, how much did you make that widow pay to have you relieve her of the Winchester?

Dave Suponski
05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I have to add one more. Danny's moaning about me not posting"His" picture...:rolleyes: VH 20 gauge 30" barrels...Fun gun to shoot.

Rich Anderson
05-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Seeing as your not going to offer up the scores I'll just get to the point...How bad did Danny beat you???

Larry Frey
05-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Dave, I see Danny dosen't put his head on the stock either.

You teach him that?:rotf:

Dave Suponski
05-03-2010, 10:08 PM
You guy's are really havin fun with all this huh? Keep talkin just keep talkin...

Rich Anderson
05-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Like father there goes the son. Its a hard concept to keep wood on wood. Perhaps there afraid of getting a sliver:rotf:

John Dunkle
05-04-2010, 08:23 AM
It really was a terrific time..! As well, no one kept score, as we were just "running the targets", so rarely missed anything.. I do believe, but could be wrong? - that everyone scored at least 30 per round?... Anyway, Danny was shooting like a man with his hair on fire.. Dave - as we all expected - only missed a couple, and only when he was trying to hit the targets with a slug load??

...Hey John, Buddy, how much did you make that widow pay to have you relieve her of the Winchester? Naw - a winchester would be a step up from that gun. That little gun is a Browning that's been all scratched-up on the receiver and back of the barrels.. To cover up the scratches, I used a gold colored crayon to fill in some of those scratches...

;)

John

John Dunkle
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Dave, I see Danny dosen't put his head on the stock either.

WOW!!! Talk about "looking in the mirror"!! They both shop at the same Marshalls..!! Same shirt, same sneakers, same pants, same shell thingy, same shooting stick, same...

This is - indeed - scary... ;)

Pete Lester
05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
True story. I was polite (it's kinda hard for me with John) and I tried to act interested in John's gun after Scott asked who he had borrowed it from. He said it was his (which I am still not sure about) and I asked what it was, he said "it's a Browning" :rolleyes:. I tied to make him feel better as I knew some Brownings are considered better than others. I continued to fiegn some interest, I asked if it was a Belgian Browning and he said with much pride "no it's first year production in Japan" :eek:. I was running out of ideas of how to make him feel good about his gun. I wasn't sure what to say next so I asked him if there was something special about it and why it had all the gold birds on the receiver. I had my ear phones on and somebody was shooting so it was hard to hear but I think John said it was because it was gift for graduating from Grade 6. :) Congrats on finishing grammar school John!

Dave Suponski
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
:biglaugh:

Dean Romig
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Some kids just need that 'carrot' dangling just out of reach... until

scott kittredge
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
True story. I was polite (it's kinda hard for me with John) and I tried to act interested in John's gun after Scott asked who he had borrowed it from. He said it was his (which I am still not sure about) and I asked what it was, he said "it's a Browning" :rolleyes:. I tied to make him feel better as I knew some Brownings are considered better than others. I continued to fiegn some interest, I asked if it was a Belgian Browning and he said with much pride "no it's first year production in Japan" :eek:. I was running out of ideas of how to make him feel good about his gun. I wasn't sure what to say next so I asked him if there was something special about it and why it had all the gold birds on the receiver. I had my ear phones on and somebody was shooting so it was hard to hear but I think John said it was because it was gift for graduating from Grade 6. :) Congrats on finishing grammar school John!

wow, he told me it was parkers 1st O/U SN 1#he "found it" at a yard sale. it did shoot like a parker even with him behind it:rotf: no john you shot VERY well sunday hope to see you wed. scott

Rich Anderson
05-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Dave and Danny

don't shop at the same Marshalls it's Goodwill...same place John got that shotgun. Perhaps Dean can fix him up something from China:duck:

Francis Morin
05-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I shop the Goodwill stores- also the second hand high end men's clothing stores for the "Yuppie" stuff at 60% off- for the few funerals and bar mitzvahs I get to attend. Have never bought a new rifle or shotgun or truck in my life either- About ten years ago I read the book "The Millionaire next Door" which reinforced my buying habits greatly- words of wisdom--

Although my late Grandfather always drove Packards, and my Dad drove Buicks- they drove them for years before they traded- well kept up too- Granddad always said "Don't let your choice of a car become a vehicle for your vanity- it's just a ride is all it is, Son"!! He was right too!

Did notice the "Team Suponski" did managed to wear different headgear--

John Dunkle
05-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Dear Rich, Dave, Pete, Scott and Dean,

Being the quiet, shy and reserved person that I am, I thought long and hard about a reply defending both my honor and the honor of the craftsmen who forged my browning shooting stick from wood, steel and gold crayon. However, I find myself at a loss...

I will note, however, that I am happy I didn't bring one of my highly collectible Remington 870s along, as all of you would have been clamoring to shoot that, as you did with my Browning.

Carry on - and please let me know if any of you gentlemen have any difficulty in posting to the PGCA forum, OK?

:D

John

Pete Lester
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM
John you still have those 870's on loan from the Kittery Trading Post?

John Dunkle
05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Nope - I traded my small bore Parker collection for two of the prettiest 870s you've ever seen, and returned the other 870s I had out on loan. Hang on - I'll attach a picture for you (I might put the attached picture up on the opening page of this site, but I haven't decided yet?)

Anyway - I know I got the better part of that deal....

John

Dean Romig
05-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Now there's a skeet gun!!!! :clap:

Eric Eis
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Just a question John:

"I thought long and hard about a reply defending both my honor "

Did I miss something ("my honor ") you have that? :rotf:

Sorry just could not resist........:duck:

Dave Suponski
05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
John,In your defense... I will admit that I shot a round with with that wonderful Browning 28 gauge when we traded guns. It was a delight to shoot and pointed well. A gun to be proud of...I enjoy a good shotgun no matter who makes it.

John Dunkle
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Dave,

My sincerest thanks... It's apparent that your prowess on the Skeet field is only exceeded by your ability to be a gentlemen at all times and in spite of the somewhat less informed shooting acquaintances we have in common...

(Rich, Dean, Eric, Pete and Scott - next time I am traveling, I'm leaving Dave in charge.. :) :) )

Dean Romig
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
:crying:

Rich Anderson
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
OK first things first, Dave as head Pollock in charge :nono::eek: we will be lost for sure.

Now about that "Honor" thing. There is no honor among theives and we all know John used his influence at KTP to trade those old antique two shooters for the modern up to date multi shot shotguns. They probably even have screw in choke tubes and there a 12ga not those little ladies guns in 20,28 or 410.

John your new gun is not only a Grouse killer for certain but if things get a little tight financially they will come in handy for liquor store and 7-11 hold ups. Now all you need is a trenchcoat. Perhaps the head Pollack can find you one at Goodwill:bigbye:

calvin humburg
05-06-2010, 07:13 AM
That gun at the top sure is nice. ch