PDA

View Full Version : Blocked

Robert Bork
09-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I was wondering why I have been blocked from the market forums, When I log in the site recognized me but when I get to the bottom it shows Private?

Bob Hardison
09-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Bob: It happened to me once even though I still had 2-3 weeks left on my membership. It caused me to re-up in a hurry! May be a friendly reminder. Bob

Dean Romig
09-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Shoot a PM to Mary Bowes. She'll get you back on to the market forums.

Robert Bork
09-12-2015, 02:25 PM
So I got clarification on my issue.. I joined on Sept 15th. but was blocked on Sept 1 as my year was up.. my payment was sent before Labor day but has not been processed yet.. membership is $40 for most of the year..

Brian Dudley
09-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Best way to avoid it from ever happening is to become a life member.

Bob Hardison
09-13-2015, 09:38 AM
I agree Brian. Anyone interested in Parkers should consider a life membership. It’s a great organization and the benefits are worthy of life membership. I’m a life member of the NRA and USPSA but any new life membership does not make economic sense at my age. (I started hunting with a 20ga Trojan at about 11 but only stumbled on this site just a few years ago). Even so I attempted to obtain a life membership on line last time and sent an email requesting how to do so. I have found out lately that we are set up only for annual renewal on line. (If it's a good enough excuse it's a reason :rolleyes:).

I enjoy the benefits that come with membership and appreciate the efforts and dedication that is freely given by so many that help make it such a great organization. I have zero complaints and high praise. My only point here is that there could be many reasons that someone is not a life member. Bob

davidkerns
11-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Bob
I am 70 and was considering life membership , perhaps a suggestion would be to have life membership to the PGCA available to members 65 and over for say-$200.00 , if I were 50 the current fee is fine.
I will send my suggestion to the board for their consideration , it certainly cannot do any harm , and may bear fruit !
Dave Kerns #1691

Robert Bork
11-29-2015, 09:39 PM
I too am 70 and just don't see the need...

Daniel G Rainey
11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
I too am a young 70 and discovered Parkers only last year. But, like a friend asked me last week, why should I become a charter member in the new golf course at my age. Would I ever get my money's worth out of it. Danny