PDA

View Full Version : Parker Reproduction BHE 410ga. 0000 frame

Glenn Turner
04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I have a Parker Reproduction BHE 410ga. 0000 framed gun. Any information about how many were made?

Fred Lowe
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't know that anyone is sure how many were made. Less in BHE. I would sure like to see a photo(s) of this gun

Fred

Robin Lewis
04-14-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't know how accurate this is but it was reported on a thread on this forum a short time ago that 9 BHE and 11 DHE 410 Parker Reproductions were made.

Joe Bernfeld
04-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I have a Parker Reproduction BHE 410ga. 0000 framed gun. Any information about how many were made?

Pictures please!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Bill Murphy
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Glenn, just recently, sale prices for the last known BHE .410s advertised were discussed. I think it was on this forum that this discussion took place. The sellers were Mike Weatherby and Herschel Chaddick. Since my notes on measurements are misplaced, would you please measure the exact distance between firing pin centers on your gun and post here? How did you come to gain possession of such a great gun? If you would post pictures, it would be of interest because, as far as I know, these guns have never been pictured on the internet or in Parker Repro advertising.

Bill Murphy
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
The "7" production figure does not refer to the .410 BHE 0000 frame gun. Does anyone remember in what thread and on what forum such things were recently discussed?

Bill Murphy
04-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Glenn, the discussion I refer to is on doublegunshop.com forum with the thread title of "0000 Frame on Parker Repro" or similar. It is at the top of the thread list at this time.

Fred Lowe
04-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Here is the thread.........http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=16861&Number=184747#Post184747

We all would very much like to see your gun.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Lowe
04-24-2010, 10:45 PM
The ever elusive 4/0. Just when I think I will spot the "Yeti"......:nono:

Kent Nickerson
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
A well tied fly, indeed. So many rises.

Glenn Turner
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello Guys, I'm sorry for the late response and will post pictures soon. In the meanwhile, I purchased the Herschel Chaddick gun referenced above. Glenn

Dean Romig
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
A well tied fly, indeed. So many rises.

But presentation is everything...

Bill Murphy
04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I asked Geoffrey this weekend whether he was engraving any more of the little guns and he told me that it was over.

Kenny Graft
04-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Glenn...did you get the story on this little gem...about being a protatype one of one? I remember that in Chaddicks listing stated there was a letter from the Skues with its history. Dang.... I think few B grades ever were made period. You have a real special shotgun in that one! We know all the 410 barrel sets are marked 0000. The frame that Chaddicks gun is mated with is said to be smaller than the 00 frame that my 410-s are mated with. Chaddick stated that his gun weight was 4lbs -8oz..? both my sets weigh in at 6lb-3oz and 6lbs-4oz. with the 410-s in place. If all this info is correct your gun has to be mutch smaller and the barrels must have been struck lighter, Filed more than mine? It will be fun to learn about these guns....I will be happy to measure all my guns dementions for compairison if need be. I have been watching for a two trigger B grade in any gauge for a long time now!!! The only DT one I have ever seen is a picture in the Parker Story...)-: thanks all, Kenny Graft SXS ohio

Kenny Graft
05-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Here is some additional info that may be of intrest about these little BHE-s ..listed 5-8-10 on gun broker. see auction no.= 168492700 Makes claim of letter of proof! so many guns and so little money....)-: Would love to own this little 410......look at the price tag! Thanks all, Kenny Gtaft SXS ohio

Dave Suponski
05-09-2010, 09:12 AM
As I have never seen a Repro .410 I find it interesting that the .410 barrel set does not have the flat's(for lack of a better word) at the breech end where the barrels meet the water table.

Kenny Graft
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
It does...just hard to see on this BHE model. The sculpted line hase a break in it at the corner of the receiver. If the action was open it would be visable. Study all the pictures it will become clear...thanks kenny

Dave Suponski
05-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank You Kenny....

Greg Baehman
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I ain't gonna buy it because I smell something fishy. The forend irons aren't finished the same, one engine-turned, the other case colored--what's up with that? Kinda cobbled together, wouldn't you think? :corn:

Kenny Graft
05-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Actually....thats how they are made. All the splinters are CC and all beaver tails are eng turned. Not all the 410 barrels or forarms are serailized either. Gun set that had the 410 barrels added at the factory could be stamped with the guns S.N. Sets that were assembled here in the U.S. after the factory was closed or sold seperately did not get the S.N. added, they were left blank and only have 410 and the chokes stamped. I have 3 sets of DHE-s with factory 410-s barrel sets only one set has the guns S.N. stamped on the 410 barrel set and none of them have the forend stamped. The number stamps are exact match so would have been done together. Its to bad we can't document these fine guns..... Original repro 410 barrels sets are stamped on the rib as sutch. PR by winchester. All are 26" ic/m and come with their own forends, The exact number that servived is unknown?, Its a fact that very few 410 sets exist. These are nice guns to use and shoot clays with and a great value compaired to the original Parker 410 guns. Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Bill Murphy
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
We still haven't gotten anyone to post pictures of a 0000 frame Repro on the internet. Kevin McCormack had a pair of them on his Baltimore display table one year, a BHE and a Geornet engraved A-1 Special plus, but I don't know if we ever took closeup pictures of the frames. Pictures of the 0000 frame were never posted in Repro literature that I am aware of.

Kenny Graft
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
I know very little about the 0000 frame. Going on the listing that Chadick posted about his gun at 4lbs and 8 or 12 oz ? can't remember the exact oz amount its about one lb lighter than any 00 frame 28gauge and 20 oz lighter than my 410 gun that is 6lbs-3oz. If this is true??? the frame and barrels must be struck down smaller to loose a whole 12-16oz or so . If anyone has spects to share with us please do! I have a DHE 00 frame 410/28 to compair it with. We need barrel weight,forend and frame/stock weight to compair against my set. thanks All, Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Kenny Graft
07-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Did you get any info from chaddick? We are very interested in these little guns. I see a VH 410 listed for 22K.....gotta love my DHE 410/28 repro's at about 12500 each...(-: Took one out and shot clays with it. Sweet and broke more than expected. Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio....

Robert Delk
07-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Some of the people who bought the reproductions were buying them because they thought it was cool to have a gun that they had heard about as being desirable and knew next to nothing about Parkers otherwise and cared less.Likely that a lot of these guns will not be heard about until they change hands again as they are sitting in a cabinet somewhere to impress the dinner guests if the talk turns to guns.I just was admiring the yard of a retired stockbroker who has a couple,at least, reproductions and is quite ignorant of guns in general but likes to be thought of as a connoiseur of all things sporting. He collects Orvis rods and Hardy reels when they can be bought cheaply and has no real knowledge of either. He buys the name and isn't able to talk about variations and the details that make collecting so much fun for most of us.He has amassed quite a collection of stuff ,most of which was bought from the families of deceased clients. I think he must have 20-30 Remington 40x's and 700 varmint rifles and more other stuff than most sporting good stores. The point is none of his stuff will ever be discussed or shown on any forum even though he has lucked into some nice items.