PDA

View Full Version : Need my Parker Repro stock bent

Jerry McCarty
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Hello,

The 12 ga. Parker Reproduction I recently acquired was bent cast on for a lefty. I want to have it bent back to neutral cast and have a couple of questions for the forum:

1) Would Parker Reproductions bend stocks to customer specifications when ordered? And, once a stock has been bent, is there any reason that it should not be bent again, especially back in the direction it started out?

2) I prefer not to ship the gun and would like to know if there is anyone in the Washington DC area that can do this kind of work well that someone could recommend.

Thanks,

Jerry

Chuck Bishop
04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Jerry, I received your message and will reply here.

Bruce Day had me confused with Chuck Brunner the owner of Greenes Guns. I have had no personal contact with Chuck Brunner however I can tell you he sells many Parkers and I've never heard of a negative comment concerning him.

As far as refinishing your repro, why not do it yourself? The hardest part is getting the old finish off and there are many replies as to how to do this. You could refinish with shellac/oil like the original Parkers, or you could use Custom Pro Oil (l like it), or True Oil, or any other product mentioned for refinishing your stock.

If I were to have my stock bent, I would use Craig Libhart of Susquehanna Stockworks or Dewey Vicknair of Vicknair Restorations, both in southern Pa.

P.S. Both Dewey and Craig usually show up at the Central Pa Fun Shoot in Harrisburg scheduled for May 15th. See the post under events for details. Come on up and have some fun!

Good luck,

Chuck Bishop

Jerry McCarty
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Chuck -

Thanks for the reply and recommendations. One of these days I'll get up the nerve to try my hand at refinishing one of my stocks. I just don't think I'd want to try it on this particular gun. As for bending it back - I appreciate the recommendation and have heard very positive remarks about both of these folks.

Regards,

Jerry