PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend "Staycation" 3-Bird Shoot

Phil Haycock
07-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Are you thinking of avoiding the Labor Day Weekend rush? Are you looking for something to do that is fun, low cost and close to home? If so, Grand Blanc Huntsman's Club, located in Grand Blanc, Mi., is hosting a 3-Bird shoot on Saturday, 5Sep15. The $35 entry fee includes a 50-bird round of sporting clays, lunch with a beverage and awards.

Full disclosure - this is not a double gun shoot but I hope you will indulge me. (I suspect some of you have a pump gun or horror of horrors, an automatic.) Of course, if you are fortunate enough to own a pair of double guns and have a personal loader, by all means please bring them along.

So if you're looking for something to do on Labor Day weekend come on out and have some fun!

Pre-registration (no money required) would be appreciated to obtain a lunch count: philbert4@earthlink.net or info@gbhuntsmans.com.

Eric Eis
07-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Ok I'll bite, what is a 3 bird shoot?

Daryl Corona
07-28-2015, 07:01 AM
Instead of a true pair, 3 birds are thrown at a time. You need a pump or a jam-a-matic. You don't own one of those do you Eric?:eek:

Eric Eis
07-28-2015, 09:08 AM
I would have to look real hard, I know I have a Model 37 around here, somewhere, I know it's here, I guess I need to keep looking........:rolleyes:

Rich Anderson
07-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Sounds like fun but on Labor Day weekend I'll be in Wyoming turning prairie dogs into smithereens of whirling flesh.:)

Daryl Corona
07-28-2015, 01:22 PM
And I'll be at the "Rock" turning clay birds into vapor. (I hope!):whistle:

Dean Romig
07-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Yes, the Northern SXS Challenge and Expo at Rock Mountain Sporting Clays will be held on Sept. 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Phil Haycock
07-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Opening Day,

Our plan is to do 3 report singles on some stations and a single followed by a report true pair and vice versa on some stations.

P.S. I might be interested in that 37 if you find it.....

Phil