PDA

View Full Version : Parker Forend

Alfred Souza
06-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I am looking for a for end or for arm that was misplaced on a vintage 16 gauge Parker side by side shotgun. Is this a standard part that can be used from a similar gun? Thank you!

Jack Cronkhite
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Alfred: The forend (complete) is several standard parts - the wood, the forend iron and the forend latch assembly (unless a Trojan). Each gun has a number of handfitted parts and all the parts in the forend bear the gun's serial number (or last three digits of the SN on small parts). IF you find a complete forend, it may fit nicely or need some adjusting but will definitely not have matching numbers. If there is any chance of finding the misplaced forend, it will be well worth some more looking. The smaller gauge guns command higher prices, all other aspects being equal. Mismatched numbers diminish the value but certainly not the enjoyment of shooting the gun. Good luck on your search.

If any info provided is erroneous, will those with more experience please correct.

Cheers,
Jack

Don Kaas
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
You need to know 3 things beside the gauge, the grade of gun, the frame size and whether the gun is an ejector or extractor. Advertise here in the wanted section and check eBay. It is very likely the iron will have to fit by a competent gunsmith whne found. Good Luck

Pat Dugan
06-22-2009, 11:17 PM
There is one for sale on e bay from Numrich arms for $350. You need to know
the information stated above but it is worth a call. I have used a NO 2 frame forend on a 1 1/2 frame 12 GA. and it works perfect, so who knows until its tried.

PDD

Don Kaas
06-24-2009, 08:53 AM
The Numrich Arms fore end is on eBay #400037516851. It is an extractor VH fore end, likely a #1 frame or possibly an #0 complete and in good condition.

Alfred Souza
07-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I just wanted to update everyone that helped me find the forend to my Parker 16 gauge. Now I need a reputable gunsmith to release the hammers so I can use the gun again. I was referred to a DelGreco in New York. Does anyone know him or any other that can help me?

Thank you,

Alfred Souza

Pat Dugan
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
So you bought the one on e bay? What do you mean by releasing the hammers. Just put the forend on to see if it fits, you might be lucky. If you don't know how to put it on, just ask.

PDD