PDA

View Full Version : More of W.H. Foster

Dean Romig
04-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I received my 1925 "National Sportsman" today and, with it, received a few surprises.
In the Parker Gun advertisement is an illustration of a Trojan and in examining it I discovered the barrels were depicted appropriately enough for the year - sans rib extension, but the frame shows the earlier style with the recess for the rib extension. I guess they thought nobody would notice..... :cool:

The cover is an illustration by William Harnden Foster and it exemplifies Foster's good sense of humor with the obvious neophyte (upland hunter with what appears to be something like a Parker 28 ga {Foster's favorite upland gun}) waterfowl hunter caught in a somewhat awkward situation.

Looking through the classifieds I found this ad for Glen Rock Kennels, the birthplace of the new shotgunning game of Skeet... with some of my recent pictures to follow.

Bill Murphy
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
What a find, Dean. Now I have to go back and read all my National Sportsman back issues.

Bill Murphy
03-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Dean, are you getting better service from your Post Office lately?

Rick Losey
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Dean, are you getting better service from your Post Office lately?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dean Romig
03-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Only sometimes Bill. Usually it's the fault of the sender putting the wrong address on my mail.
It's the same old River Street/River Road problem. I live on River Street but some folks just seem to need to address my stuff to River Road..... which is clear on the other side of town.

By the way Bill, I still haven't received your check for the twenty-gauge Peerless barrels I sent you several years ago..... :cool:

Bill Murphy
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I wish I had some twenty gauge Peerless barrels. I mailed the check in 1929. It should get there right after your February 1929 National Sportsman.

Dean Romig
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Aw nuts... it's been so long... what were they, Whitworth?