PDA

View Full Version : New Album added - Parker Hammer Lifter #4071

Frank Cronin
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Decided to take some pictures outside of my Parker. I added my album to the PGCA site. Early Parker hammer gun #4071; two barrel set. 30" mod/mod and 28" cyl/cyl.

A note added when I got the research letter from Mark stated he could not tell the grade from the stock book. Either a grade 0 or 1.

My guess it may be a grade one due to the engraving and wood. Again, I'm here to post to ask the experts on this forum.

Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Frank

Dave Suponski
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Frank,That is a great great gun! An very nice example of a early Parker in high condition.We often struggle with grade designation on these early low grade guns as in most cases the selling price in the books was the only indicator of grade.If the gun was sold at a discount the grade becomes even more camoflaged.I owned a gun similar to yours but with a little florish of engraving on the floor plate and we believed the gun was an O grade gun.If I owned your gun I would consider it an O grade gun. Congratulations

Bill Murphy
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow. About the best early gun I've ever seen. With the engraving and fancy wood, I would call it a Grade 1.

E Robert Fabian
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
That is a beauty great pictures hope you enjoy it.

Russ Jackson
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Frank; That certainly is a beautiful gun,Thank you for the nice pics.! Enjoy ! Russ

Dave Fuller
04-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Ahhhh... wow! Fabulous gun and first rate photography, thank you Mr Cronin. If there are folks who don't regularly look at the hammergun area of this BBS, they are really missing out. What a great gun to look at in that clear detail, most enjoyable.

Dean Romig
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Frank, that is one terrific early Parker. You are so fortunate to have found that one.

Richard Flanders
04-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Wow. whattabeauty! Best example of colors of that period I've seen and the stock looks like something you'd see on a $100,000+ Holland. I'd call it a grade 1, but don't know that much. My grade 0 from 1883 has no engraving on the side plates. What a stunning gun this one is. Thanks Frank.

Kurt Densmore
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Very nice one Frank.......that has got to be one of the very few early hammer guns that have survived in such nice condition. Nicest one I have seen of that era. Congrats on a great gun...

Kurt

Frank Cronin
04-19-2010, 01:49 PM
A quick note to thank everyone who replied and kind words to my post. I guess the general conclusion that it is a quality grade one and in addition it is also posted on the PGCA main web page in the Parker Grades grade one lifter section. Quite flattering to say the least my Parker is added with such fine-looking Parkers that all you members have and I am pleased I can contribute in some way to the group and others viewing this forum.

I hope to someday when my schedule and travel arrangements cooperate, I will be able to go to the Southern SxS to meet some of you members. I do have the NE Fun Shoot in RI on my radar. I hope to make it for that.

Kind regards,

Frank

Dave Suponski
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Frank,I stand corrected after doing some homework I believe your gun to be a Grade 1 gun also.One thing that is that I would expect to see a flourish of engraving on the floorplate.I guess it's hard to say on these early guns.Still an extremely fine example of an early hammergun.Congratulations!