PDA

View Full Version : VA State Trap Shoot SxS Event

CraigThompson
07-01-2015, 11:06 PM
The Virginia State Trapshoot for the second year is putting on a 50 bied side by side only event . On Thursday July the 3rd . The program says it'll happen after event 7 or 8 that day . With a bit of luck it should be in the 3PMish region . However last year because of rain we never fired a shot until after 6:30PM . This year the SxS event will be shot on wobble traps as well . Event cost is $15 for 50 targets . And if I'm not mistaken they award trophies to the top three finishers .

Pete Lester
07-02-2015, 05:18 AM
I think it is really nice they can incorporate such an event in program of an ATA State Shoot. I wonder if the targets will registered. Thirty cents a target and three trophies, how can they do it? There are clubs/shoots charging a dollar a target and they offer none. :rolleyes:

Bill Murphy
07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm sure some individual shooters sponsor the shoot. I assume that these will not be ATA registered targets and ATA membership will probably not be required.

CraigThompson
07-02-2015, 05:19 PM
No not ATA targets .

Bill Murphy
07-03-2015, 10:19 AM
That would be FRIDAY July 3, which is today. I just checked the program. Good luck.

CraigThompson
07-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Well as I sit here waiting I was just informed the wobble is out and just straight 16 yard birds . I was also informed it appears we will start around 7ish this year . A little bit of a letdown since we were told last year we'd get started at a more reasonable hour .

John Truitt
07-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Please let us know how it goes and how your new gun performs . also keep us posted to how Doc L. And Danny P do. they both will be shooting Parkers.

thanks

CraigThompson
07-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Patton won the event with a 48 . I sold him the gun I had purchased maybe a month ago . I shot my old VH #2 frame 30" gun and shot the same score I shot last year . Doc L didn't go I think he's at the Homestead with the family.

Mike Koneski
07-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I think it is really nice they can incorporate such an event in program of an ATA State Shoot. I wonder if the targets will registered. Thirty cents a target and three trophies, how can they do it? There are clubs/shoots charging a dollar a target and they offer none. :rolleyes:

Biggest difference is a trap club has little to no overhead compared to a sporting club. Most of that $.30/target is for expenses and very little left for profit. Even at $1/target for bigger shoots, that $$ is quickly used up in added expenses (more range help, trappers,trophies,added course and office supplies that are event specific, etc,etc).

CraigThompson
07-05-2015, 01:48 PM
That club throws targets at $4 a round for non members so I would say they had a $5 profit per person . Last year they gave metal trophies this year they gave hats and t shirts . So they didn't loose anything .

CraigThompson
07-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Also the VTA owns over half of the stock in this club so there is no mark up for the club that they shoot at .

John Truitt
07-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the report. congratulations to Danny Patton. Hue sHowed me the gun the day prior to tHe shoot. He is a great guy and I am glad to see he is shooting for team Parker. :)

CraigThompson
07-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the report. congratulations to Danny Patton. Hue sHowed me the gun the day prior to tHe shoot. He is a great guy and I am glad to see he is shooting for team Parker. :)

Yes I think I remember him saying he talked to you the day before or so . Another fellow from your area went with us . This man knew you and is a Winchester 21 fellow . Terry but I don't remember his last name sorry to say . He had recently acquired a Sterlingworth 12 with 32" pipes and the triggers were backwards , think he said he had showed you that gun as well .