PDA

View Full Version : Vintager's Dirigo Cup

Pete Lester
05-03-2015, 06:33 PM
I had a good day today up at Scarborough Maine shooting in the Downeast chapter's Maine side by side championship. There were 30 shooters this year and an interesting mix of modern and classic side by sides. I felt like two triggers today instead of one, so I grabbed a 28" Trojan 12ga instead of my Skeet Gun. There were a lot of English guns and I don't think I saw another Parker.

As always seems to be the case Malcom MacGregor was high gun with 80 x 100. He was struggling with very light triggers with a new to him gun he bought at the Southern. First time I have seen a gun with a shot counter in the butt plate. Peter Kogut and I tied with 75's and I took the Runner-Up based on a long run of 16 to his 14. It was finally a nice day in this neck of the woods, a long time coming this year. Lunch at Portland Pies near Cabelas followed with a stop at Cabela's.

Eldon Goddard
05-03-2015, 06:45 PM
That's cool. Congratulations! And with a Trojan take that English guns.

Daryl Corona
05-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Way to go Pete. Do you remember what kind of gun it was that had a counter in the stock?

Pete Lester
05-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Way to go Pete. Do you remember what kind of gun it was that had a counter in the stock?

I don't Daryl, I heard him say what it was but don't remember, I think it was a Scottish maker but not sure of that. Malcom said it was the first double gun he had seen with a shot counter on it. It had been fired 2600 something times. Somebody joked the odometer had been rolled over.