PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole On Wheels

Bruce Day
03-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Here is the PGCA trailer, AKA Black Hole, which you can see is a misnomer because its actually white and has a light inside.

We picked through a lot of stuff and hauled it to an annual meeting in Louisville. There is also a picture of a trunk that gets shown around a lot.

I think we had the Clown Catalog in the trunk at that show.

Now Black Hole has been towed to the northeast and is stored in a shed there.

Rick Losey
03-18-2015, 01:36 PM
cool

we will get to see it at some NE events?

Dave Suponski
03-18-2015, 02:40 PM
It was displayed at last years Vintagers in NY

Rick Losey
03-18-2015, 04:07 PM
It was displayed at last years Vintagers in NY

that's was

looking for will :rolleyes:

:rotf:

Harry Collins
03-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Do we, The PGCA, still have the barrels Sherman Bell used to "Find Out For Himself?" Are they being displayed?

Harry

Larry Frey
03-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Harry,
As far as I know we do not. I was not as active back when all that came about so hopefully someone here can tell you what ever became of those barrels.

George M. Purtill
03-18-2015, 09:43 PM
I agree Bruce. It's not black at all. Though where the door is some could call that a hole.
However, the Northeast is a very dangerous place weather-wise. Though far safer than the mid Atlantic states, I am told.

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Bruce, Let me show you a real black hole on wheels, If I did not have this, think of the Parkers I could have acquired, but it helps keep me sane, Gary

Bruce Day
03-20-2015, 04:01 PM
Gary, how about you pick up the turnip farmer and me and we'll head for Montana come early October. Is it four wheel drive? Room for a pack of bird dogs? I can promise you no mud tracking in and no peeing on the floor by the dogs.

Boy that could hold more than one Clown Catalog plus all the boxes of secret information about where all the old family high grade small bores are hidden!!!

Chuck Bishop
03-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Gary, you travel in style! I can't afford a Winnebago.:bowdown:

Brian Dudley
03-21-2015, 04:53 AM
Now when you play the roll up the tim to win at Dunkin Donuts, don't get irate and demand to drive home in your new RV because it said "You Win A Bagel".

Dean Romig
03-21-2015, 06:33 AM
Gary, has anyone ever seen the inside of your rig? Have those folks ever been seen again, as in.... "If I show ya, I gotta kill ya." ??

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-21-2015, 07:19 AM
It already totes around one black lab, so dog hair we can live with, my wife would disown me if I tracked mud on the floor, seriously though it is made to go a million miles, not in my lifetime but somebody's, and I am joking about it being a black hole, come to think of it , I will have to fuel up soon, let me see 235gal x ?.?? hmmm, Chuck, Winnebago makes a Jim dandy model" Tour" Really nice coach. Soooo if we want to haul dogs muddy boots I can pull a stacker trailer with the 4-wheelers and dogs, wet boots, etc, but the liquor will be inside the bus as well as all the other lies we would tell! gary

Eric Eis
03-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Gary, has anyone ever seen the inside of your rig? Have those folks ever been seen again, as in.... "If I show ya, I gotta kill ya." ??

Yep I've been in there and so have many others. It's a Nice (very nice) rig ! :bowdown:

Richard Flanders
03-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Holy cow! I couldn't afford a rusted out VW bus with no engine or windows much less that thing!

Bill Zachow
03-26-2015, 04:16 PM
I never realized Gary must have been a country and western singer in his earlier career.....

Bill Murphy
03-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Earlier??

Jim DiSpagno
03-29-2015, 09:23 PM
A Coach truly fit for Parker Hammergun royalty. Long live the King

Gary Carmichael Sr
03-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Jim, I hope you are right, longevity is determined by God and he alone knows the time or the day of our demise. Lets get together in 2025 for drinks and tell some lies, Gary