PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of Members Only area?

Mike Koneski
03-08-2015, 09:20 AM
I am locked out of the members only area of the forum. I know my membership expires 4/1 and needs to be renewed, but I should still be able to access the site in March. What's up?

Bob Hardison
03-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Mike: It happened to me about one month away from renewal. Must be a reminder. Bob

Erick Dorr
03-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Same thing happened to me last year with same time frame.
Erick

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
03-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Mike: I sent you PM a couple days ago did you get it? Thomas

Mike Koneski
03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Tom, no I didn't.

John Dunkle
03-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Nawww - what happens is this - and I promise - it's not an "unfriendly" reminder plot...

As only one example (there are variations, but, you'll get the idea)..

Let's say you paid via PayPal on March 10th last year and the year before - you paid on March 15th with a check... With me so far?

OK - Mary Bowes has you in the roster and the renewal date would be on April 1st "officially" - as your check was received part way through March - as you "renewed part way" through March...

Now - my server doesn't know a darned thing about Mary - and her "renew date on the 1st" roster - rather, my servers ONLY know that you signed up for an ANNUAL membership starting March 10th...

Sooo --that's the few days that are "askew", as Mary makes it simple (the first of the month) - and my server makes it "exact"...

Hope this makes sense!

- John

Mike Koneski
03-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks John. Not a problem anymore as I renewed today. No sooner did I click on "Pay", the site allowed me access to members areas again. It's a plot I say!!!!!! The interconnectedness of events.

John Dunkle
03-10-2015, 07:03 PM
;) HA!!

Yes - if you pay through my servers and PayPal - you are immediately "upgraded". Well - it's not "immediate" exactly.. Actually - it takes about 2 seconds on average, as my software has to reconcile the transaction from the PayPal servers...

Anyway - WELCOME BACK!!!

;)

John