PDA

View Full Version : CHARLIE - Spring Cleaning

Jack Cronkhite
03-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Charlie made a great retrieve today. A real coffee hound. Hope to channel her natural ability for this October. As a young(er) pup last fall, she never once retrieved a rooster, just found, flushed, recovered and then dropped it for me to hike over. We're working on that. Now if we could get roosters hooked on coffee, that might help. :) Her "little sister" Kyra, also gets in on the act. Charlie went for a bit of a dip in the ice water which cleaned her up, but Kyra (no longer a little princess lap dog) had to hit the tub at home. She still thinks Charlie is crazy when it comes to the love of water but mud, well that's just plain fun.
Cheers,
Jack

Destry L. Hoffard
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Even dogs know Tim Hortons is the best. *wink*

DLH

Jack Cronkhite
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Darn stuff is addictive. Even spawned an official entry into the Canadian Oxford Dictionary - Double Double (double cream double sugar) I'll take mine black thanks. The best it ever tastes is just before shooting light, from a thermos and a long ways from the nearest "Timmy's".

Ian Nixon
05-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Darn stuff is addictive. Even spawned an official entry into the Canadian Oxford Dictionary - Double Double (double cream double sugar) I'll take mine black thanks. The best it ever tastes is just before shooting light, from a thermos and a long ways from the nearest "Timmy's".

:cool: At our club, a "Tim Horton" is a double double on Station Seven.

Jack Cronkhite
05-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Now that's a good morning chuckle. I'll be shooting clays for the first time on June 5 with the Pheasants Forever crowd. If I do have a "double double" that day, it will likely be coffee not clay.
Cheers to you Ian. I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.

Jack

Ian Nixon
05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the "Welcome", Jack.
I've been "official" here since Oct 2008, and lurked quite a while before that.
Don't know why it only shows this as my first post. I've participated in several threads (IIRC). On one thread I made mention of my VHE 16GA with 32" barrels,...and that this relatively long barreled 16GA shot lower than my other mostly 28 and 30" barreled guns.....which I attributed to the longer barrels.
I check in nearly every day to see what going on with "the Parker boys". 22-25 April was my fifth year at Sanford NC trying to make it onto the LC Smith team (hope springs eternal), so I've knowingly and unknowingly rubbed shoulders with many of "the Parker boys". Introduced Claudio to Bill Murphy this year at The Southern, and they got on famously.
If you didn't know, Tim Horton was a defenceman for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the original six team National Hockey League. The Leafs brought him and Keon down outta from somewhere in northern Ontario in 1955(?). Horton and Davey Keon were guests of honour at a rally at York Memorial High School for the Bert Robinson Hockey League in Toronto in Sep(?) 1955, and a wide-eyed 10 year old "ME" got both their autographs. I was the cock of the walk on the Pittsburg Hornets in that league for a good while.
Horton paired with Allan Stanley on defence. Brewer paired with Bauhn(SP?) and these two pairs were the Gold Standard of defence in the NHL for 10 years. Near the end of his career, Horton was traded to the Buffalo Sabers. Sadly, he wrote himself off in a fast car driving between Toronto and Buffalo IIRC.