PDA

View Full Version : Back on the forum

Peter Clark
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello Gents,
I am finally rejoining the forum since the new format was implemented. I've been reading it quite a bit but kept a low profile. I have some time on my hands since I just had reconstructive shoulder surgery so might as well shoot vicariously on this forum.
Still one shoulder to go, so no real shooting for quite awhile!
-plc-

Dean Romig
03-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello Pete,

I shot skeet with my brother-in-law last night under the lights. He has a torn rotator in his right shoulder and I have a torn rotator in my left... do you think if we have them fixed we'll shoot any better? :rolleyes:

Peter Clark
03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Hello Pete,

I shot skeet with my brother-in-law last night under the lights. He has a torn rotator in his right shoulder and I have a torn rotator in my left... do you think if we have them fixed we'll shoot any better? :rolleyes:

Not sure about you guys, but I couldn't lift my arms much above my waist so I know I will shoot better! Years of wear and tear plus a severe duck hunting injury this fall (Destry will appreciate that). My wife had to fill the larder during big game season so I am useless at present.
I have/had torn cuffs, labrum, sub-scap tendon, bursitis, etc. PT is a b--ch!:crying:
Pete

Dean Romig
03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I survived a head-on collision in '79 between the Renault R-5 Le-Car I was in and an oak tree nearly two feet thick in the trunk. Needless to say, the oak tree won. The only straight panel on the Le-Car was the tailgate... my right leg should have been amputated (would have been ten or fifteen years earlier) but the Doc saved it. I went to physical therapy three times per week for almost three years. It was some of the hardest, most demanding work - both physically as well as mentally - I have ever done. My therapist and I struck up a good friendship and an honest mutual respect for each other. One thing he taught me during our sessions (with no intended reflection on Francis' daughter) is that "therapist" is a two-syllable word... The Rapist

Francis Morin
03-19-2010, 09:33 PM
[quote=Dean Romig;15416]I survived a head-on collision in '79 between the Renault R-5 Le-Car I was in and an oak tree nearly two feet thick in the trunk. Needless to say, the oak tree won. The only straight panel on the Le-Car was the tailgate... my right leg should have been amputated (would have been ten or fifteen years earlier) but the Doc saved it. I went to physical therapy three times per week for almost three years. It was some of the hardest, most demanding work - both physically as well as mentally - I have ever done. My therapist and I struck up a good friendship and an honest mutual respect for each other. One thing he taught me during our sessions (with no intended reflection on Francis' daughter) is that "therapist" is a two-syllable word... The Rapist[

Yup- heard that.

Dean Romig
03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Actually, we're a Volvo Retailer (that's the new PC term for 'dealer') and my preference would have been to have crashed in a Volvo.

Peter Clark
03-19-2010, 10:12 PM
My doc and therapist are both super. Doc is a tiny blonde woman over in Gunnison about 2 hours from here. She puts a lot of the olympic skiers and cyclists back together. She does magic. My pt guy is right here and he whips on me 3 times per week and my wife fills in between. Two weeks since first surgery and other shoulder to be done when this one sufficiently healed. Ducks iffy this year but maybe late season pheasant or winter league clays at least. My poor dog is going rogue.

Francis Morin
03-19-2010, 10:48 PM
[quote=Dean Romig;15421]Actually, we're a Volvo Retailer (that's the new PC term for 'dealer') and my preference would have been to have crashed in a Volvo.

Destry L. Hoffard
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Just saw this post. What happened to you during duck season?

Destry

Peter Clark
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I stepped in an unseen ditch while pulling my decoy cart (in the dark) landed solidly hands down. Already had much shoulder damage from a lifetime of abuse, but this put me over the top. Can't shoot for months so doing things like making the repros look cool instead (see other thread).
I shot a goose right before Christmas with my 7lb 1 oz VH and by then my shoulder was so bad I almost launched the Parker from the pain caused by the recoil. Not a particularly heavy bismuth load either. I knew then it was time to seek medical attention. Found out I needed surgery on both shoulders. Doc found more damage than expected once she got in there on shoulder 1. Second still to be done but doesn't seem as bad as first. I'm flooding some good nesting habitat right now so hope I recover for next year. If not, it's up to young Wyatt!

Destry L. Hoffard
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Brother I feel for you, I really do. I've got a knee that's never been right again after a tumble in a muskrat run years ago. This duck hunting ain't the safest sport but we do keep at it for some reason.

DLH