PDA

View Full Version : Some Neat Big Bore Parker Stuff!

Tom Kidd
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Check this out!

Mom and I are finally back going through and transcribing some more of our reams and reams of unread Buckingham and Becker letters, now that a big gun has surfaced. Hiding in her pile of Becker stuff from '39 was this little bit of nice Parker info??? Thought you guys might enjoy a snapshot back into the day. And this is an easy one to read, some letters take hours to decipfer/figure out, but figure them out we will. Oh, how does one spell check these posts, I keep getting a security alert when I try??? and then a warning if I attempt to continue, so no spell check it will be. No picking on the spelling challenged Dutchman, or he will take his ball and bat and go home. Remember: Life is Good, Always Treat it With Respect!

P.S.: Oh, how do I get my Grousing buddy to show up under my name when I post??? Bet you guys never saw pink single malt!

Dean Romig
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks Tom, that's very interesting Becker stuff.

Francis Morin
03-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks for sharing with us. Just a guess, but believe the beverage Mr. Reynard is holding is either a "Foxy Lady" or a "Pink Squirrel". I appreciate the single malts, but have never seen pink in any Tartan Clan Colour ensemble-yet!!:eek:

Tom Kidd
03-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Good Morning Francis,

Perhaps you haven't managed to get enough of the Isley stuff down, I sure have been color challenged in the past, so pink single malt it is. I guess I should get someone to Photoshop the color, but then who ever saw a Champagne saucer used for Scotch?

Joel, The 34" AA Parker does indeed have Acme Steel bbls, not Whitworth, it's my 34" Fox that has the Whitworth. Sorry for the mis-information.

Bill Murphy
03-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Tom, did Henry ever get hold of that big Parker? Murphy

Tom Kidd
03-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Good Morning Bill,

Yes, the big gun did come North complete with its Becker stock.

Bill Murphy
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I have nothing to say except that I would like to hear more about the big gun and how the exchange of ownership took place. Bill Murphy wilmrph@verizon.net