PDA

View Full Version : SAVE THE DATE FOR THE GREAT NORTHERN

Mark Beasland
01-10-2015, 09:18 AM
The date is set (June 18th-21st 2015) and the website is updated .Lots of new stuff this year. The MRC boys are adding a 4th day to the shoot. Main event is still Sat and Sun. Open shooting on Thursday and Friday. The pigeon ring is being updated and it sound like a hoot.
New side events are under development. I will sponsor the Flurry again this year and it will be shot on Friday. Be sure to stick around Friday afternoon for show and tell and a cook out BYOM(Bring your own meat). Bring your favorite shooting iron or something odd and unusual to show around. A double rifle demo is also in the works. Also new this year is the Makers Challenge. When you shoot Clays on Saturday be sure to put down the make of the gun you are shooting. The 6 highest scores from each maker will be added up. The highest total will determine the winners. MRC will provide space this year for collector organizations to display free of charge.

For more info and to apply go to http://mrcsportsmansclub.com

See you all there!!

Mark

Mark Beasland
01-11-2015, 02:48 PM
For more on the G.N. there is now a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great...97279117036268

Rich Anderson
01-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Last year was my first time to this shoot and all I can say is EXCELLENT!! The pigeon ring (the one with the ribbons shot as a side event) was a blast and I hope they have it again this year. It would be fun to shoot as true pairs. More true pairs on the clays course would be a nice addition as well.
I'm returning :)

Eric Eis
01-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Well I'll be returning also, for a shoot that just got going a couple of years ago, it is one of the best side by side shoots, "Hands down", the people who run it go out of their way to help you in anyway they can. We should hold the annual meeting at this shoot...

paul adams
01-14-2015, 10:41 AM
From the viewpoint of a new member.
I'be been reading old posts and notice PG has various shoots in various areas--mostly the East. Is there a set schedule that the organization adhere's to for scheduled shoots or are the clubs picked randomly? Also, is PG open to suggestions for shoot locations?
Any other points of order?

Robin Lewis
01-14-2015, 11:34 AM
No schedule, these shoots are organized by anyone with the desire and energy to do it.

Rich Anderson
01-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Paul the Great Northern is a very fun and well run shoot. It took over from the U.P. shoot two years ago.
Where are you located in MI? There is a nice one day shoot that Paul Harm puts on in LaPeer. He will list the dates here. In addition in April is The Gentalmans Cup in Freeland another good one day shoot.

paul adams
01-14-2015, 06:16 PM
C.O.B. I'm located around Ann Arbor, Mi.. I'll watch for the local shoots--Freeland, etc..
Since recently joining P.G., I'm surprised at the knowledge and "willingness to help" educated members are willing to share with new members. I look forward to personally meeting members. Thanks to all!

Mark Ouellette
01-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Since recently joining P.G.

Paul,

What is a P.G.? It is the muntion for an RPG launcher, or rocket propelled grenade.

This is the Parker Gun Collectors Association, the PGCA.

Please join the PGCA. Presently you are a forum associate.

Thank you,
Mark

Dave Suponski
01-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Why is this thread "Sticky" shouldn't it just be moved to the events catagory?

paul adams
01-14-2015, 08:01 PM
B.F.T., I'm surprised you wrote please.

I have severe arthritis in my fingers and at times I take shortcuts to save movements.

I have given thoughts to joining but just waiting a bit. After all it's my choice

Rich Anderson
01-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Paul the Gentalmans Cup in Freeland is usually mid April Im sure there is a website. I think the club is Freeland Sportsman Club. The laPeer shoot doesn't have a fixed date as it varies depending on club activities.

Mark Ouellette
01-15-2015, 08:52 AM
B.F.T., I'm surprised you wrote please.

I have severe arthritis in my fingers and at times I take shortcuts to save movements.

I have given thoughts to joining but just waiting a bit. After all it's my choice

Hi Paul,

Sorry about your arthritis. I also have disabilities but don't talk about them so that they do not hinder or define me.

One could rather than typing four keystrokes in "P.G." use the same number of keystrokes in the common acronym, "PGCA". Fancy that... :whistle:

Mark

Sam Ogle
01-15-2015, 02:25 PM
I've never been to a "Vintager;" but this year, I'm going to this one. My Brother-in-Law has a summer home in Kohler(they have a daughter there whose husband works for Kohler.) I am taking him, and we will spend Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday there.
Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

Eric Eis
01-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I've never been to a "Vintager;" but this year, I'm going to this one. My Brother-in-Law has a summer home in Kohler(they have a daughter there whose husband works for Kohler.) I am taking him, and we will spend Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday there.
Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

Sam keep in touch, I know Rich and I would like to hook up for a round or two of clays (or a beer after :) )

Mark Ouellette
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
I others will devote some time we could probably get table space from Mark Beasland for a Parker display...

Anyone?

Mark

Sam Ogle
01-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Gosh, Mark; I have a 32" 12 Ga VH with a stock built to fit me, but it's not "Original."
Anyway, I, in all conscience couldn't put the old VH on display.
I look forward to meeting the Parker Guys who are there.
Sam Ogle

Mark Ouellette
01-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Sam,

Manning a display consists of watching the Parkers on display and talking to those interested in the Parkers.

Mark

Rich Anderson
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Sam it will be nice tp put a face to the name. All I can say is bring lots of shells:). This is a very well run shoot and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Marc if you want a display table I'd E-Mail the shoot organizers as Mark B. really isn't involved with that aspect of the shoot.

Rich Anderson
01-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Paul the Freeland shoot date is April 18th. Registration will begin at 9am, 100 targets and lunch. The targets consist of 50 sporting clays,25 skeet, 25 5 stand. I can forward you the flyer if you wish. PAul Harm has posted the dates for his shoot in LaPeer on the forum/

paul adams
01-20-2015, 04:37 PM
C.O.B. Please send the flier. I would be very interested in attending. I want to meet the members so as to put names with faces and have a chance to see the various shotguns. From the writeups on the various shoots they seem like a lot of fun. Thanks.

Eric Eis
01-21-2015, 12:42 PM
C.O.B. Please send the flier. I would be very interested in attending. I want to meet the members so as to put names with faces and have a chance to see the various shotguns. From the writeups on the various shoots they seem like a lot of fun. Thanks.

Paul and the Lapeer shoot is May the 9th. Look forward to meeting you.

Mark Beasland
02-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Entries are coming is daily I sent mine today!http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/mbab/IMG_1233.jpg (http://s253.photobucket.com/user/mbab/media/IMG_1233.jpg.html)

Chris Noel
06-04-2015, 11:39 PM
Shells 'R Us LLC will be in attendance again this year with B&P low pressure shells ideal for the vintagers as well as a new shell line, Caledonian by Eley-Hawk, a 67 mm (CIP 2 1/2" chambers). This is one of the best shoots of the year. Great people, well run, good food & lots of fun!

Also, check out the Black Duck U.P. Side by Side Classic being held August 21-23, 2015 at Gladstone, MI.

Look forward to seeing you there!
Chris & Stephanie Noel