PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to take apart a lifter to check spring

tom tutwiler
03-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Believe I have a broken leaf spring on lifter. This gun is strictly a shooter and doesn't have great screws to begin with. Accordingly, is there an easy way to pull off the right lock and take a look without taking it apart completely? PS. I've got great screwdrivers and a good bench to put it on. Was hoping there might be a step by step on this with pictures somewhere, but I searched and couldn't find it.

Here is a pic:

http://pic60.picturetrail.com:80/VOL1725/11830643/22281929/383396479.jpg

Dave Suponski
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Tom,Remove the screw on the left lock plate.This one screw holds both locks.After you remove the screw insert a soft drift punch through the screw hole and GENTLY tap out the right lock. For reassembly be carefull to insert the front of the lock into the recess in the frame first and then it may be gently tapped into place. One thing to remember is to hold both triggers in their most forward position when inserting the locks so the they will properly engage the sears. It may sound harder than it really is....:)

tom tutwiler
03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Great. I'll try that tomorrow for sure. I'm hoping something is just loose, but I suspect a broken spring, although I hear nothing rattling around in there.