PDA

View Full Version : Need info on some guns

howardgoldfeder
11-12-2014, 06:03 PM
A friend dropped off 3 guns at my house for safekeeping. We do not know there origins or history at all. Some help would be greatly appreciated. There are 2 Pistols and one rifle.37211

Dean Romig
11-12-2014, 06:53 PM
The rifle is a British Enfield, probably a .303

I'll let Mr. John Dunkle, our Webmaster, tell you about the other two. One is obviously a German Mauser and the other a German Luger. Mr. Dunkle is an expert on the subject of Lugers.

These three guns are WW-II or earlier vintage.

Rick Losey
11-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Howard

not sure why you came to a Parker double gun collector's board with these. You might be better off searching the web for sites related to German pistols - obviously the one is a Luger '08 and I think I see Mauser on the first.

John Dunkle
11-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi Howard,

Not too sure how these are relevant to Parker shotguns - but....

You have an Enfield No4 Mk1 (M47). Mildly hacked and "whacked" for a modern scope and "sporterized" with custom stock work which is horrific.

You have what appears to be a Mauser 1914 Pocket Pistol - while it could be a 1910, I doubt it given the appearance.

You have a Mauser mfg (DWM) Luger "commercial" (see the Crown N on the toggle link?) - with an aftermarket mag, which appear to have been poorly reblued. I'm trusting that it's later given that the small parts are blue rather then strawed, but, as I can't see the toggle nor the chamber stamping - it's a guess. And given the very poor reblue/buff - it might have started life as 1920 "commercial" but, what it is today????..

Anyway - I'm moving this to another area of the site . You can contact me via PM if you want to know more about these firearms.

John

howardgoldfeder
11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Thank you all for your help. I was posting this around to see if anyone had any info. I am more of a "modern weapon" guy and I just posted on a few sites. I appreciate the help.
Thank you.