PDA

View Full Version : Web trouble

Mike Franzen
08-18-2014, 10:14 PM
For about the past two weeks I have occasionally had trouble logging on to the PGCA website. I get error message SERVER CANT BE FOUND. I was wondering if it's just my devices or are others experiencing similar things ?
Mike

John Dunkle
08-18-2014, 10:34 PM
As many of you have probably guessed - I've been wrestling a bit with the server back here - and it appears to be "winning"!!?

It just "locks up" for no apparent reason at all - typically early in the AM (about 1-2 AM EDT?) Anyway - I'm trying to track down what is causing it (bad memory? NIC? - I don't know, as there are no error logs indicating the problem?)... I may end up replacing the entire server if I can't figure it out.

Anyway - will keep you posted, just know I'm aware of it - and trying to rectify it ASAP!

Thanks for your patience on this..!

- John D.

Russ Jackson
08-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Hi Mike, A few weeks back every time I looked at the site ,I had to relog in and my password wouldn't work most of the time ,I attributed it to my new laptop and not knowing what I was doing ,still not sure about that but for a couple of weeks it has been working fine for me !

Daryl Corona
08-18-2014, 11:14 PM
I have had intermittent problems the last few days. I know John can figure it out.

Mills Morrison
08-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your efforts John

wayne goerres
08-19-2014, 09:20 PM
I was wondering if there was something wrong with my computer or modem. Glad it is not me.

Gary Carmichael Sr
08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Same here, Gary

Jim DiSpagno
08-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Much thanks for all the hard work John!!!

John Dallas
08-21-2014, 09:57 PM
I haven't had trouble logging on, but a few of the responses to my postings end up in my Trash bin, which is set to "Exclusive".

John Farrell
08-23-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm beginning to think, what with all the hacker activity, conglomerates buying up everything that isn't painted green and the challenges these things pose for us users, if the internet isn't at the end of its usefulness and we'll all have to go back to being hermits until the USPS delivers the weekly mail pouch.

edgarspencer
08-24-2014, 07:59 PM
John, I'm sure I speak for many of us, but I just wanted to say thanks for all you do. Giving up a Sunday, as nice as today was, to keep the forum up and ticking is above and beyond the call of duty.

John Dunkle
08-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Simply Edgar?

Well - just thank you... I mean that. It was a long day for sure, but - my fingers are crossed that all the updates - hardware and software through the day, just "stick".

My best always,

John

Mike Franzen
08-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Thank you john