PDA

View Full Version : Real Parker?

Robert Bartholomay
02-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a 12ga. Double trigger and hammer shotgun, Engraved T Parker on the side plate, serial # 8425 & 7581 come up as Manuf. 1876. Belgium laminated steel on Barrell. Is this a real Parker or imitation? Thanks for any help.

Harry Collins
02-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Robert,

T Parker's were not made by Parker Bros. Not a gun I would dare to shoot.

Kindest, Harry

Drew Hause
02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Scroll down about 1/2 way here http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20091267

Jack Cronkhite
02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
A question for the knowledgeable. Is there such a thing as a shotgun made by Parker Brothers (not a repro) that was not visibly engraved with Parker Bros. on the side of the frame?

Dave Suponski
02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Jack,

We have seen a few early hammerguns guns and In fact a few later hammerless guns that are not marked Parker Bros. on the frame.But the only unmarked barrels that I have seen are the late Remington barrels.

Dean Romig
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
It may be safe to say that any hammerless Parker that went out the front door of Parker Bros. prior to the date of the Remington take over was marked Parker Bros. either on the sides of the frame or in the case of the A1S, in gold on the bottom of the frame forward of the trigger plate.

Dean Romig
02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Engraved PARKER BROS. on the side of the frame behind the oval.

calvin humburg
02-14-2010, 06:56 PM
My oh my thats a piece of work Dean real bute. Seen a parker box lock had a metal thing around the barrels to rib ahead of 4arm it looked 2 b covered with leather what is it hand guard? it was in a museam so couldn't look good. ch

Jack Cronkhite
02-14-2010, 07:53 PM
It may be safe to say that any hammerless Parker that went out the front door of Parker Bros......

Anybody seen a verifiable back door gun..............??

Jack Cronkhite
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
My oh my thats a piece of work Dean real bute. Seen a parker box lock had a metal thing around the barrels to rib ahead of 4arm it looked 2 b covered with leather what is it hand guard? it was in a museam so couldn't look good. ch

Sounds like it may be a swivel clamp for a sling. Here's an example of a sling for double guns that does not involve drilling wood or soldering metal. Might also serve as a dog leash/muzzle

You can see it here (http://www.bighunter.net/shop/servlet/tecnop.webstore.servlet.ViewArticoloServlet?idArt= 12.531)

Dean Romig
02-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Ivory Beads had or may still have one that they suspect was such a Parker.

"verifyable" is subjective in this case. A verifyable "back door" Parker is a contradiction in terms. To truly be a "verifyable back door Parker" would mean that there are Parker Bros. records to prove it went out the back door instead of being a documented sale.

calvin humburg
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Jack this thing was a good 9 or 10 inches long barrel moven in it when u opened and closed the gun. Do barrels get when shooting trap? ch