PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show July 12,13

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Well I just all the cases back in their places and all guns put up and cleaned, the show last weekend was a disappointment, for sure, was told a lot of collectors would be in attendance only a very few, most were ammo and black guns and survival gear, I did have a lot of interest in my 4 table display and was asked to make the next show since some in attendance had commented on my display, a winter show is better I was told, Good thing, Mr Mike Smith showed up and took photos of the display, and we had a good Saturday afternoon discussing Parkers, and looking at some my son had brought , one was a VH 30" 1=1/2 frame sent back to the factory to have 2" cut off barrels add Lyman site and make a set of 32" twist 20g a barrels for it, all confirmed by a letter, as soon as Mike sends me the photos I will post them or he can if he wants Gary

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Here are some of the photos Mike Smith so generously took for me of my 4 table display, Thanks Mike, Gary

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-26-2014, 11:03 PM
A few more double click for larger photo, Gary

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-26-2014, 11:07 PM
Two More

Mike.Smith
07-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Gary, it was great seeing you and Randall again. I'm sorry the show wasn't what it was made out to be. At least there were some real guns amongst the sea of black thanks to you! I'm assuming that Sunday didn't get any better. You had one heck of a nice display though. :bowdown:

Mike

Bob Hardison
07-27-2014, 06:20 AM
Wow! Seeing that display would have made my day. Thanks for sharing. Bob

Dean Romig
07-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Gary always has the nicest displays. There are others who put this much effort and expense into their displays and display space, but not many. I'm sure Gary is very proud of his fine collection of Parkers and we are proud to call him our friend. He represents the Parker collector very well.

Eldon Goddard
07-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Absolutely beautiful, it is the same at our gun shows. It would be something to have seen this display.

Mike.Smith
07-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Check out that second picture. How many times do you get to see a display with an 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, and 20 gauge Hammer Guns? And all in high condition. Amazing.

Mike Koneski
07-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Absolutely beautiful array of fine guns!!

charlie cleveland
07-27-2014, 08:56 PM
mighty fine display i m glad to have seen them in these pictures..the lucky ones seen them in person..great display... charlie

Bill Murphy
07-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks, Gary for putting on these great displays. Kevin McCormack and I have been putting on wonderful Parker displays at the Maryland Antique Arms Collectors Show at Baltimore and at other venues for well over twenty years. Very few people who attend these shows appreciate the magnitude of research needed to put on such displays, but we keep doing it, hoping to educate the public about our great interest. Kevin and I have about run out of Parker themes for our displays, but they continue to be interesting.

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Bill, I know what you mean! It sort of gets old but I really enjoy talking Parkers with people that do not know about them,trying to get the folks that do to join the PGCA, best money they could possibly spend. As per the themes, I started with the 12 ga collection then to the steel barrel P,s, now hammer guns who knows what is next? Shotshells? or Paper. I would start a collection of 410,s if you and Kevin would front me the money, that would be the cat,s meow. I guess if we live, we will continue to do what we love and that is Parkers in one form or the other. Getting back to the 410,s lets see now for good ones V-20,000, P- 40,000, G-4o,000, D-45,000, C-50,000, B-60,000 A- 100,000 total of about 325,000 I have only seen one A grade 410 and I believe that it was the only one made, I saw it at Chantliy 7 or 8 years ago and it was not in the best of shape then, Gary

Gary Carmichael Sr
07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Bill, I forgot I do not have a AA Hammer gun, try to buy the one Jack had a few years ago but he would not come off 190,000 do not know if it is still in his private collection of which John says nothing to be sold from it yet, well I can dream about it, I have held one in my hands a couple times. last spring at the Southern Barnett had one but it was sold, Gary

Dean Romig
07-28-2014, 11:17 AM
There are a small number of PGCA Members who put on extremely good displays in various areas of the country - Bruce Day, Charlie Herzog, Dave Weber, and others have made us all proud by their exhibits at Pheasant Fest and other venues over the years - ant there are more who do the best they can. We thank them all for their hard work and dedication to educating folks about the Parker Gun.